Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
MTBR member
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody is building an illegal trail adjacent to a section of my local trail. It looks like sh$t. There are giant pits left from dirt removal, and the terrain is all scarred. It's one thing to build an illegal trail in an out of the way area that sees little daily traffic, but the trail next to it, is used every day. There has been issues with illegal trail building in this area before, and I would hate to see my local trail closed to mountain bikers. Thoughts?

·
MidnightBroomstickCowboy
461 Posts
wookie said:
I would hate to see my local trail closed to mountain bikers. Thoughts?
Knotify your local Ranger station about the illegal trail or face the consequences of trail closures later.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've seen a mini track hoe up there tearing the crap out of the mountainside, south of Taylor, but north of the rocky point, just below the big climb. I'm not sure if this is what you mean.

·
MTBR member
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There are several construction projects on the Ogden BST; I'm not sure what any of them entail. The city has filled in the old reservoir on the lower trail by the water tank (I think this is the area you are refering to). Also, there has been some heavy equipment clearing an area above 29th ST on Peterson's property. The area that I am refering to is on WSU property. When you drop down from the old wagon trail (between Beus and the residential area) to the lower trails above WSU, you will see a bunch of jumps to the left and right of the trail. Check it out. I'd be interested to hear some other opinions of what has been constructed.

·
on yer left
252 Posts
sessions22 said:
the connector trail from strongs/bues junction down to the parking lot.
That trail has been there for years. Early this spring it was so eroded and beat down it was barely rideable. Whoever has been out there has done nothing but improve it. It's the original creator's that need to be beaten. They did a horrid job on a great section of trail. Best dh on the BST.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.