Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding my 2003 Hollowpoint Expert Friday and is snapped in half when I went over a root! It broke the whole seatpost tube where the suspension linkage is welded. It was totally unexpected because the bike seems to be of high quality. I certainly enjoyed riding it.

Which brings me to my question. Has anyone had experience with IronHorse's warranty department? I emailed them ([email protected]) last Friday, but haven't heard back. I know it hasn’t been long, but it's Spring, how can I be patient without my bike?! The wrinkle is that I don't have my receipt or I'd have brought it to the dealer. They (Performance Bike Shop) basically told me to get lost. Does anyone know how helpful IronHorse is in these situations? I hope this is a fluke, and that this can be resolved, the bike was great to ride, and I'd love to keep recommending IronHorse.

Thanks,
Kurt Schwemmer

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
There haven't been many warranty posts since the early '03 frames, but *almost* everything I've heard here and on RideMonkey has been very positive. I'd call if you don't hear from them.

What's up with Performance? They ought to have a record of the sale on file even if you don't have the receipt.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Speedub.Nate said:
There haven't been many warranty posts since the early '03 frames, but *almost* everything I've heard here and on RideMonkey has been very positive. I'd call if you don't hear from them.

What's up with Performance? They ought to have a record of the sale on file even if you don't have the receipt.
you sent the email to the right person,strip your bike,send it overnight( at your expense)ask them to return the replacement the same way(at your expense) thats how i did it shipped monday, received friday , riding saturday i'm the most impatient person there is when waiting for bike stuff.....the person you emailed at i horse can vouch for that...they have an excellent warranty department but if you get a little creative you dont miss a ride and then you dont get cranky.......................

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They got back with me and we're working on a solution. I'll post back with how things go.

Unfortunately I didn't actually buy from Performance, they're just the local dealer. I bought it new on the Internet from a shop that's not an authorized reseller. For anyone considering one of IronHorse's bikes, I definitely recommend buying it from an authorized reseller! I didn't even consider this scenario to be honest. I'm not a hardcore rider who jumps off cliffs so it didn't even really cross my mind that the thing'd break.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I think I'll put in a little garage time and get it stripped down.

-Kurt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.