Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this may not happen right now,but ill be leaving for college at the end of summer,and i dont really want to take my SGS or my bmx(i want something more comfortable to ride around on)
so im loking into getting something that i can compute a little on,and also where im going ill be able to get into a little urban type stuff...even thouhg it not in the city...but theres plenty i saw there i could ride on.

so any way,iv been very pleased with the quality of my IH so i figured id look at another one of there bikes.i like the porter,but i havnt seen many ppl rockin one nor hav i read many reviews.so whats are you opinions and comments on them?...im not trying to spend an arm and leg to get a bike either.if theres anything else in this price range,holler

one other thought i had was for not much more $$ i could get an imperial frame,and use the compentents of my SGS on it,but i think that may be over kill

·
I like air!
915 Posts
dd13 said:
this may not happen right now,but ill be leaving for college at the end of summer,and i dont really want to take my SGS or my bmx(i want something more comfortable to ride around on)
so im loking into getting something that i can compute a little on,and also where im going ill be able to get into a little urban type stuff...even thouhg it not in the city...but theres plenty i saw there i could ride on.

so any way,iv been very pleased with the quality of my IH so i figured id look at another one of there bikes.i like the porter,but i havnt seen many ppl rockin one nor hav i read many reviews.so whats are you opinions and comments on them?...im not trying to spend an arm and leg to get a bike either.if theres anything else in this price range,holler

one other thought i had was for not much more $$ i could get an imperial frame,and use the compentents of my SGS on it,but i think that may be over kill
Dude, Im not sure any bike is safe to compute on.
:)

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I have a porter, 12". I know Salami on RM is still selling one blue one in 12" and somebody else on RM is selling a 14", both with sherman jumpers brand new, for about 400-450 i think. I haven't built mine yet (waiting on $$) but from what I have put on there and coasted it around, it looks to be a great bike...

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so mabe im not going to be commuting too much with it.mabe to get something to eat...but i thought it was a good way to justify a new bike or frame.i really like the imperial,but im stil not sure if i wanna spend that money on a frame.i mean its more than the porter it self...but it is just so darn sweet!!!

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
any bike at college should be ghettoed out...$hitty paint job, tape everywhere...just make it look like a POS....it will keep the many thieves away

·
Registered
819 Posts
soul's sluggo is another option over the impierial, but i dont no geometry differences. BUT they both have 2 top bars :)

·
Loves His Sunday
670 Posts
That ChikityChina kid had one. Where is he anyway last I saw him on here was during summer vacation.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
JBsoxB said:
last time he was on here he got reaaly pissed about something if i remember right.
it was something about his daily schedule, how underpriveleged and poor he was. and him picking up cow **** in china or something if i remember correctly... :rolleyes:
guess i got modded, anyway, though i changed the word around? w/e, get the porter, it's pretty sick man

·
Loves His Sunday
670 Posts
matt said:
it was something about his daily schedule, how underpriveleged and poor he was. and him picking up cow **** in china or something if i remember correctly... :rolleyes:
guess i got modded, anyway, though i changed the word around? w/e, get the porter, it's pretty sick man
O yah now I remember. I remember it ended with someone telling him to go back to China cause he doesn't deserve to be in America. Weird.......he had like 1000+ posts and then just dissapeared.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
looking at soul website,i like the titan.and im assuming the price 265 is def frame only...but hey,they beats the imperial price by bunches.the onlything im not sure about is what to do about a fork.because right now,i in the process of getting a boxxer ride from a local guy,and im going to put it on the SGS.i was planning on taking my sherman and putting it on what ever hartail i get,but its a 1.5 steer tube.but then could put the boxxer on the hardtail....
as far as school goes,i wont take it right away,and its staying in my dorm...screw wat the roomate or any one else says.and i wont be taking it out and leaving it sit for long periods of time...im really protective of my stuff actually

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
dd13 said:
because right now,i in the process of getting a boxxer ride from a local guy,and im going to put it on the SGS.i was planning on taking my sherman and putting it on what ever hartail i get,but its a 1.5 steer tube.but then could put the boxxer on the hardtail....
just get the Iron Horse Porter off of Salami or some other guy from RM, Salami, I believe is selling a Porter for $450 for frame, sherman jumper, Sic stem, and headset. There is also somebody else on Rm selling a 14" for $425 or something with the same setup, both brand new...

If i were you I would get the porter, the Titan is a cool bike and everything, but I would take the Porter anyday.
Good luck.

·
Registered
382 Posts
matt said:
just get the Iron Horse Porter off of Salami or some other guy from RM, Salami, I believe is selling a Porter for $450 for frame, sherman jumper, Sic stem, and headset. There is also somebody else on Rm selling a 14" for $425 or something with the same setup, both brand new...
I was selling the Porter's but I sold the last of them on Sunday. One of the guys I sold to put his up for sale about two weeks ago, I am not sure if he still has it. http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136704&highlight=porter

The other guy selling the 14" sold his.

·
Registered
819 Posts
about your fork isue. i had a sgs last year, loved it but it was too big so i sold it before i sold it, i took off the sherman and put it on my ht too. i called manitou and they sent me a 1 1/8 steerer tube for 60 bucks. no biggie...

·
Registered
3,473 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sreiman,thats a good idea if i go the route of getting something other than a porter.i was not aware that that was possible.its seems as thought it'd be a quick change.one question,when you change them,it is reversible rite?...most likely is,but i figure id ask

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.