Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what shock I can substitute for my stock Tough Sock FD-Coil 6.5x1.5 mechanical shock? I'm looking for one that has rebound adjustments and is lighter. I am only interested in a direct bolt up replacement. Thanks Wardie

·
Industry Loudmouth
964 Posts
Maverick DS models are 6.5x1.5"
Warrior DS models are 7.5"x2"

The only significantly lighter shock you could put on the Maverick would be an air shock. I believe Cane Creek has some economical air models. Also check Manitou's Radium platform.

-ska todd

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up with a 5th Element shock with a pump brand new off ebay for under 200 bucks. I think this will work well for the back end now I need to turn my attention to the fork. Any suggestions? Single track, no big drops, fire roads and woodsy type stuff maybe some small logs. I was thinking Rock Shox Dart 3. They have them on ebay for $139 including shipping. I weight 240 and thought a spring type fork might be better than air? I am new at this so any advice is welcomed. Wardie

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's the same shock that I put on my Maverick, it works great, you'll be really happy with it. I bought a Manitou Minute 1 fork from Jenson's a couple of months ago, the combination works great. I think I paid around $220.00 for the forks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts