Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Ignition back in February and have rode it none stop sense then so I figured I would post my experiences so far.

First of all you should know that I bought an Ignition sport and upgraded the rear shock to a Fox Float RP2 which was the only major part that the bike needed in my opinion. I bought the shock new off ebay for $160 so I have a total of $860 in the entire bike. After riding for nearly 5 months on it I can truly say that this has to be the best bike you can buy for the money. I say this because I have gave my bike its share of crashes especially earlier today at a local downhill course and it just keeps going with no problems. I am so impressed with how strong it seems to be for the price.

I am mainly posting so those who are questioning the value or durability of a Ibex Ignition can know that these bikes seem to be built to last and are well put together. Sure there are some parts that I will slowly upgrade but for the price it gets you a bike that you can ride right away and is capable of handling any trial.

Thanks Ibex

·
Registered
445 Posts
Thanks for the review, I have been giving some thought to the Ignition.

Not trying to get you off topic, but how wide a tire can the Ignition fit in the rear?

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
facelessfools said:
today and yesterday at the pump track, totaling 31 miles of riding a pump track...

Dang I can count ribs son. :eekster:

Glad to see you put a shirt and helmet on. :ihih:

Ride that berm higher you'll carve around allot faster. Dont steer-plow, through. :thumbsup:

·
"They Call Me Bone'z"
1,609 Posts
dogonfr said:
Dang I can count ribs son. :eekster:

Glad to see you put a shirt and helmet on. :ihih:

Ride that berm higher you'll carve around allot faster. Dont steer-plow, through. :thumbsup:
ya im a small guy.. it got so hot in that California sun so i went shirtless for a bit..

i had to ride the berms slower then normal so they could catch the photo. but ill be sure to keep that in mind.

there is one berm that is lumpy and another that the exit is slippery got any tips there?

i can get 26 seconds right now ill see if you can speed'en me up :D

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Looks like it needs some Pump Track maintenance. Go around with a broom and sweep the dust into a bucket to make a mix of mud and dry weeds, mortar. Even going slow you should be higher on the berm. That one looks pretty clean on the lip but plowed out on the exit. :thumbsup:

http://www.leelikesbikes.com/

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts