Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
I'm out for tonight, visiting the dentist in T - 45 minutes. Maybe thinking a quick road ride after work tomorrow (Old Stage??) Dirt later this week... I hope.

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Jdub said:
Hall dry enough?
Don't know. Things were pretty sloppy up there on Sunday - I checked in whilst out on the cross bike. I don't 'spect anyone will show tonight, so I might just roll around town for a bit. Exciting.

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
Ignazjr, might there be a thursday night ride this week? A workmate and I are hoping to do some riding, we were talking about driving up to loveland to ride the backbone, but if there's something rideable a little closer to home, that would be welcome.

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
I'd be up for a Thursday ride as well, Renegade. It most likely involve my hardtail, since I am temporarily missing a brake on my Spot, but I would love to get out and ride. And don't forget you still owe me a beer. ;)

_MK

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Renegade said:
Ignazjr, might there be a thursday night ride this week? A workmate and I are hoping to do some riding, we were talking about driving up to loveland to ride the backbone, but if there's something rideable a little closer to home, that would be welcome.
I'd love to, but I'm Dad duty on Thurs (part of why the ride is Tues... :). Anyway, Thursday should be fine. I checked it out a bit tonight - went a little ways up before I saw anything wet. Then a guy passed me coming down that was pretty muddy so I didn't really press on too far. Seems like most of the wet is from run off, though. Give it another day and a half and things will be rockin' again.

·
Bodhisattva
10,848 Posts
The Bone is in fabulous shape. No standing water or mud & super tacky. Probably the best I've seen it yet this year.

If anyone is interested, a group of us are planning on hitting Horsetooth around 5:30 Thursday evening.

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
MK_ said:
I'd be up for a Thursday ride as well, Renegade. It most likely involve my hardtail, since I am temporarily missing a brake on my Spot, but I would love to get out and ride. And don't forget you still owe me a beer. ;)

_MK
MK, I'll let you know what we're up to for thursday, and I haven't forgotten about the beer! To me, beer debt is a sacred, honorable thing!

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
MK_ said:

_MK
MK, it looks like we're gonna ride Hall this afternoon, and see how many idiots we can find. Actually, we may miss some of them, as we're planning on leaving the gunbarrel area at 4:30, so most of the crowd will be climbing while we're descending.
You're welcome to join us if this works for you.

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
That's gonna be tough, but I'll try. My 5Spot is back in business and I will definatelly head out to Hall. Worst case, I'll see you in the opposite direction.

_MK

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
Renegade said:
What time would you be arriving at hall?
Well, we're interviewing candidates today for some positions we have. Since I am an "expert" in certain areas of the fab process I need to drill them a bit. I will be meeting them around 3:30, if everything's on schedule, so at the earliest, I'll be out of here around 5. Quick bite, throw the bike on the roof, drive to Hall, ~5:30, I would say. I might skip the bite.

_MK

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
Well, what will probably happen is I'll be frothing at the bit to leave here at 4:30. Dave will be delayed in leaving [we'll probably drive separatley cause he lives in longmont]. there will be some other inevitable delay, and then I'll climb like sh!t, so we'll be slow ascending. You'll probably pass us on the uphill. Look for an overheated rider barfing off to the side of the trail!

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
Renegade said:
Well, what will probably happen is I'll be frothing at the bit to leave here at 4:30. Dave will be delayed in leaving [we'll probably drive separatley cause he lives in longmont]. there will be some other inevitable delay, and then I'll climb like sh!t, so we'll be slow ascending. You'll probably pass us on the uphill. Look for an overheated rider barfing off to the side of the trail!
Descriptive enough. ;) And I'll surely recognize the bike. See you in a few.

_MK

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.