Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
jm03 said:
Would you have good technical riding, or atleast good riding with in an hour?
I live in southern Maryland, ST. Mary's county to be exact and there is NO good riding down here. I have to drive at least 1.5 hours to get to what I consider good. I am not sure about the eastern shore but a guess would say over an hour.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Maybe. But that's assuming you don't mind the fact that there are NO hills of any kind between the Chesapeake Bay and the Atlantic Ocean.

There's a bike ride called the Seagull Century that runs from Salisbury, MD to O.C. MD, and the biggest hill on the whole ride is the bridge to get you over to Assateaque (sp!!) Island

·
Registered
560 Posts
Tuckahoe is pretty flat. No tech at all, especially not compared to Patapsco.

If I lived on the Eastern Shore I would buy a compound bow and a couple treestands. Deer hunting is excellent, mountain biking is non-existent.

·
Registered
39 Posts
mudforlunch said:
Tuckahoe is pretty flat. No tech at all, especially not compared to Patapsco.

If I lived on the Eastern Shore I would buy a compound bow and a couple treestands. Deer hunting is excellent, mountain biking is non-existent.
It's the best us ******** got. :D

·
psycho cyclo addict
3,189 Posts
Rosaryville (Upper Marlboro), Fairland (Beltsville) and Patapsco (Elkridge) are probably the closest to you.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I do both. And I'm very much considering doing both simultaneously this fall if I can find an area with singletrack and not a lot of people traffic to hunt in. The number of times I have snuck up to deer (including some very large bucks) on my bike is astounding, and I could have easily arrowed the majority of them.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I bike at Naylor Mill all the time. Someone cleared trail on the other side of the creek recently and it is an awesome ride. In all about 9-10 miles of trail. And the trail on the other side of the creek is isolated and have never seen anyone over there. The main trail has enough fun stuff in it to keep me busy when I can ride. Do spend a majority of my life studying in grad school though, so always nice to do any sort of biking.

·
Registered
703 Posts
tcapri87 said:
I bike at Naylor Mill all the time. Someone cleared trail on the other side of the creek recently and it is an awesome ride. In all about 9-10 miles of trail. And the trail on the other side of the creek is isolated and have never seen anyone over there. The main trail has enough fun stuff in it to keep me busy when I can ride. Do spend a majority of my life studying in grad school though, so always nice to do any sort of biking.
What do you mean by the other side of the creek and how do you find it? The creek that's like west of the park? Get to it from the north part of the trails or the south part?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Well I rode for an hour and half at Naylor Mill today and made it a point to follow all the trails that run parallel to the creek. Didn't see any obvious place where one would cross over. Do you use a different trailhead entirely for the other side? Do you park somewhere else, or ride from the athletic complex on the road over the bridge to get there?

Going north I always run into no trespassing signs on the west side or the horse farm property north of the soccer fields on the east side. Trails seem to double pack around to avoid private property at that point so it didn't seem like there would be a way across the creek up there.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.