Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a little help.
I'm from PA, heading to NY for a weekend trip. This will be my first trip to NY.

I'm considering Ithaca area. What do you think?

Anybody willing to share their top two picks for singletrack rides in the area? A balance of trail/scenery would be ideal.

Also, is there someplace you'd recommend INSTEAD of Ithaca (within a few hours)? I'm thinking Ithaca because I'd also like to visit the town.

Oh, and any leads on good camp sites also helpful.

Any input, advice, opinions appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

I actually meant to ask about conditions. I'm not showing up from out of town to tear up the local's hard work.

Am I best to stay away for a month?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Ithaca: Look for Shindagin hollow.

However if you are interested there is always Naples, NY. We've got plenty of good riding. Ontario County Park, Hi-Tor, DEC, FLT, Italy Hill, Cutler and close by is Harriet Hollister Spencer Park.

Also about an hour away is Letchworth State Park: Grand Canyon of the East

OCP has camping and trails right from the Park. Pretty much everyone of those trails has an incredible hanglider jump off or lookout point at the top of the hills

Check out PedalingProductions.com they are from that area and can offer guided tours on the cheap.

·
Registered
69 Posts
if you were to consider the western end of ny state, one day could be spent in allegany state park near bradford, pa/salamanca ny. miles and miles of xc ski trails. long climbs and fast descents. spend the other day in ellicottville, ny. miles and miles of trail network with all kinds of roots, rocks and ridges.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.