Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had to pick between a new 2006 Apache 6.0, a 2005 Razorback Team or a 2005 Razorback Comp... what would you do?

Just curious! I have no K2 dealer in my area and am curious. Also, can someone tell me the difference between the comp and team for 2005? Thanks a bunch!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
186 Posts
sacklunch said:
If you had to pick between a new 2006 Apache 6.0, a 2005 Razorback Team or a 2005 Razorback Comp... what would you do?

Just curious! I have no K2 dealer in my area and am curious. Also, can someone tell me the difference between the comp and team for 2005? Thanks a bunch!:thumbsup:
Absolutely no contest, the Apache 6.0. The Rzbk is a great bike & I've been lucky to have ridden/owned both styles (99-01 & 02-05) but the Apache beats them all. Check back a few threads & a few of us have given our reviews on it.

As for the 05 Team vs Comp its just the parts spec thats different. Check the website for exact details. The frame is the same. One key difference in the overall spec of the two bikes is that the comp comes w/ a 100mm fork where as the Team has a 80mm. The 100 gets the BB up a little bit higher which is better on this bike in my opinion.

cheers,
DP

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
DPCX said:
Absolutely no contest, the Apache 6.0. The Rzbk is a great bike & I've been lucky to have ridden/owned both styles (99-01 & 02-05) but the Apache beats them all. Check back a few threads & a few of us have given our reviews on it.

As for the 05 Team vs Comp its just the parts spec thats different. Check the website for exact details. The frame is the same. One key difference in the overall spec of the two bikes is that the comp comes w/ a 100mm fork where as the Team has a 80mm. The 100 gets the BB up a little bit higher which is better on this bike in my opinion.

cheers,
DP
I recently traded up from a 2003 Razorback Team (with Fox Float RLC 100 fork) to the Apache 6.0.

Now, I loved the razorback-never really raced it much-used it for all manner of xc (fast to very technical)-it was rugged, dogged plugger of a bike. But the Apache 6.0 is better in terms of pure performance. First off, it's lighter-higher bottom braket and more modern Head Angle/Seat Angle geometry. It accelerates better and reponds better in the big gears. It's a nicely balanced bike-easy to come to a trackstand in tough sections, repoint and hit the gas!

My complaints?? Nothing major-just preferences: I'd like a slightly beefier-stouter xc fork with some platform/motion control dampening (Like a REBA Team or the R7 Platinum--or even the un-platformed dampened Fox 100 RLT). The R7 Super is a fine, and very light (with surprising stiffness to weight ratio) fork that steers acceptionally well. Under hard Braking, however, you feel the flex and dive a vbit more than I'm used to---everything is a trade-off-but I might upgrade it over the next year.

Everything else I like a lot-juicy 7 brakes, upper end Truvativ Cranks amd cockpit stuff (though I'm using a Thompson Seatpost), The Am-Classic Wheelset (so far they make the biggest difference-fast and light--we'll see about durability but right now I'm a fan). The X.0/ X9 drivetrain is the best I've used.

The susension feels lively and fun-very stiff and efficient (not plush but very effective)-going fast is fun.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.