Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If money wasnt an issue what bike would you buy? What is the best XC bike on the market right now? Is it a seven cycles bike?

·
Hairy man
4,923 Posts
d19rye said:
If money wasnt an issue what bike would you buy? What is the best XC bike on the market right now? Is it a seven cycles bike?
So you have endless money? Cause I have a few ideas...have you ever thought of buying a bridge? I happen to have the title to a nice one in Brooklyn which crosses to Manhattan, and I've been looking to sell.

Seriously, I'd buy several bikes. Probably a Nomad, a hardtail dirt jumper of some sort, a road bike, a custom steel XC hardtail, a fixie for urban insanity...

·
Registered
420 Posts
IronHorse Factory Azure Full XTR/Crossmax SL

It would be the perfect bike for how I ride.
I want older rapid fire shifters though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you guys are missing the point i dont have endless money i just wanted to know what the best xc bike on the market right now thats all. im not trying to buy a bridge or anything like that but i was lmao when i read that

·
crashes in parkinglot
1,257 Posts
Jones custom.... drool
Though i've heard the wait list is pretty long and he isn't taking any more orders (as far as i know).

Seven, moots, titus all get great reviews
tons of people doing custom ti stuff.

I need to find a money tree to get some of this endless cash.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Well you could go custom with Seven. Perhaps a Titus all blinged out. Maybe just the best fsr by Specialized. Ahhh- a fully suspended recumbent for touring Europe. That'd go nicely with the platinum Visa. :) Oh, sorry. It's supposed to be about you. I refer you back to the beginning of my post.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
d19rye said:
you guys are missing the point i dont have endless money i just wanted to know what the best xc bike on the market right now thats all.
"Best" is so subjective. And just because a bike is super expensive doesn't mean it is the "best" for you. A $5000 bling-bling bike ain't gonna make you ride like a $5000 rider if are a couch potato.

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,980 Posts
Cooter. said:
2 chicks at the same time, that's what I'd buy
That's it? If you had a endless money, you'd do two chicks at the same time?

·
5,280 feet
251 Posts
NMPhi767 said:
Well yeah, and I figure if I had a million dollars I could hook that up ;)

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
No, I think people have it nailed. There is no "best" bike for everyone. Everyone is going to give you a different answer. Also, with all the different sub categories of riding, you could list thousands. I could easily put together a list of 7 bikes that would be the best for me.

Oh yeah, and money doesn't equal performance. You can ride the same bike as a pro, but it doesn't mean you can ride like a pro.

Cheers

KavuRider

·
Linoleum Knife
3,323 Posts
NMPhi767 said:
He said he'd buy two chicks at the same time.

One to cook.

One to clean.

Me... I'd buy a new yeti. Mine is getting a little long in the tooth.

·
Registered
356 Posts
lol. apparently a lot of you haven't seen office space.

honestly, i already have my dream bike...an ellsworth truth. x.0 w/a bit of xtr. custom wheels by dave @ speeddream wheels. fizik saddle

i'd prolly upgrade a couple of the parts. but that's it. i love the bike.

i'll prolly buy a better road bike. i have a trek 5200 and love it but would likely get a custom carbon bike w/the new sram road groupo.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
The best XC bike on the market right now is the one you would smile at the most every time you saw it and it is also the only one you want to ride. For some that may be 7" of travel for others it may be a rigid SS, so do you have your dream bike yet??...I do!! :D

·
1,247 Posts
Well I already have a Intense 6.6 with Hadleys and a Z1 light up front.. which is as ideal as it gets for me. I suppose i would spend some money getting it anodized. Maybe get those Industry9 wheels in magenta :thumbsup: and x.0 or the x.9 short cage when it comes out.

But i am eyeing the Independent Fabrication Crown Jewel as my next bike purchase...

·
pedal pusher
2,234 Posts
d19rye said:
The ones I already own, My Yeti 575 and Niner One9. But Id also add another 575 in a different build. Id like a Intense 6.6 but they dont make a size big enough for me.:madman: A Maverick ML7 would be sweet. And a Look 585 tricked out to the tune of under 15lbs.:thumbsup: Oh and what the heck a Specialized Demo 8, just to give me a reason to go to Whistler.:D

Sean

1 - 20 of 110 Posts