Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had $2400-2600.00 to spend on a Downhill/Freeride bike whatw ould you choose? I am looking at a single pivot style frame. Any help would be much appreciated.
Regards,
Eric C:D

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Check out the Versus Trigger, needle bearings at all pivots & zerk fittings for lubrication. Very solid frames that love a beating. The customer service is awsome also, Herb & Vivian are always there to help if needed. :)

http://www.versuscycles.com/trigger_detail.html

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I was wondering what people thought of Mountain Cycle "Sin" or if I can save a bit more cash I was thinking of Morewwod Shova LT. I am also looking at the Haro 357 nine. Thanks again for the suggestions, please keep them coming. Since Downhill/Freeride bikes are hard to find to try out, I am looking at suggestions to help decide. :D :thumbsup:

·
Registered
265 Posts
What type of riding do you do the most? I wouldnt suggest a full-on FR rig if your more of an All-MTN type rider. Peddeling a 50 pound bike on a 30-40 mile ride sux. Unless there is some sweet DH along the way, then it's all good.

What would I suggest?.....
FR - Intense Uzzi VPX
All Mountain - Intense 6.6

Dogonfr.....that orange Versus is a thing of beauty!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NearMTB- Why would you suggest staying away from Mt. Cycle? Are they not well made?, prone to breakage? Just curious. I was hoping to stay away from multi link.
cranberry- For this particular bike it would be for freeriding and downhill. I ride a hardtail RMB Flow for all mountain and dirt jumping. I do some downhill, but i get bucked off the saddle on some of the gnarly stuff. :D . Thanks for suggestions. Anyone try the Haro357 nine?

·
A Real Winner.
863 Posts
Why not a KHS?

I guess the real question here is. . .why WOULDN'T you get a KHS AM2000? Full Bombproof Hone, 4,5, or 6" adjustable travel 4 bar frame, and you'd even have some money left over to go party it up! For $2199, you can get the bike, and spend the extra $400 you saved on a plane ticket to Moab.

That would be my recommendation.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I want the Cove Playmate-FR, but the frame is like $2K by itself. I have a line on Morewood Shova LT. I think I am going with this one. I have been putting together some of the parts already. I have a Marzocchi Jr. T and Mavic Deetraks so far. Cambria Bike Outfitters has some great deal right now!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
E86 said:
I want the Cove Playmate-FR, but the frame is like $2K by itself. I have a line on Morewood Shova LT. I think I am going with this one. I have been putting together some of the parts already. I have a Marzocchi Jr. T and Mavic Deetraks so far. Cambria Bike Outfitters has some great deal right now!!!:thumbsup:
I want to build a Shova ST.

Hopefully I'll have the finances to do so next year.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.