Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently added Velosurance (not an ad) and I was curious:

I really love my Devinci and at demo events, swapping bikes with friends, etc I've had the chance to ride a lot of other bikes on trails I know well. From that, I have a VERY short list of what I'd want if mine disappeared and was not replaceable, so I got to wondering:

For what you ride, how you ride, and where you ride - what would you choose if your Devinci disappeared from the garage this morning and Devinci was no longer in business (just hypothetical) to be as close a direct replacement as possible?

I'll answer my own question: I ride a Marshall carbon and of everything else I've ridden I'd immediately go buy an Ibis Mojo.

·
Premium Member
8,762 Posts
To replace a Marshall, hmmm, lightweight and stiff, DW.

Well, I like my GG Shred Dogg as a 27.5, felt the same way about my GG Trail Pistola 29er.

The Mojo is so very unlike the Marshall, tank vs sports car.

In DW 29er, I'd lean toward Pivot Trail 429 or Ibis Ripley. If you're running 27.5 on that Marshall, maybe the Mojo would be okay but it's still a much "clunkier", read as "bulky" bike.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ben you misunderstood, I'm not looking to replace my Marshall anytime soon. I was just curious what other Devinci riders would replace their current ride with to be a near direct swap if their current ride disappeared and Devinci ceased to exist.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts