Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
This would be the first time in history for it to be a POSITIVE thing when people complain about a chamois feeling like a diaper. I may need one on that ride.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I live not far from there, have ridden along beside the sliffs a few times, and it makes me nervous. The notion of getting down onto that ledge is totally freaky. You're not landing in water if you fall - you land on rocks.

That said, I was inspired to ride Croagh Patrick - the steep loose rock mountain in the video. That was some fun.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
This does look spectacular. On the other hand quite a few relatively popular trails, in Moab for example, have similar consequences of screwing up. It does not take a long fall to go splat. We just ride them without paying too close attention.

I found it interesting that I personally can not even approach a cliff edge when I hike, while I could climb the same cliff as a rock climber with some very scant protection placed, which is objectively far more dangerous. I am also afraid of flying in planes, especially looking out - and I used to skydive. Mind plays tricks on me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts