Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Tom from Montana. I've been on one of the latest batches of the new Cove Shocker for about two weeks now. While running it with a ’09 Fox 40rc2 + DHX5 coil. Powered and stopped by our friends at Avid and all the trimmings from FSA’s Gravity group. After feeling it out and putting it into many different situations, I can say this. It’s defiantly not the breed of DH bike of our earlier years of monster linkage machines that would send you hurtling threw the air like a mechanical bull sending you if your weight wasn't centered on landing. As my quiver of bikes has morphed for many seasons its awesome to see how our small bicycle industry has grown and implements some amazing manufacturing techniques. That once would have cost bazillions of dollars for the little bike companies to produce. The thought and design that went into the Shocker, over at the same old good guys at Cove, is evident the second I sat on it. More neutral/centered in balance than most 40lb+/190mm+ sleds and still gets away with a nice short top tube. (I ride a Med. Frame size and I’m 6’0.) I loved throwing this thing around like a toy. I'm sold. The rearward traveling wheel path is obviously efficient to pedal but is much suppler and more predictable than other brands 'multi pivot independent rear ends'. Say that five times, fast. Dude, the first day I rode it I told myself I was just going to get a feel for her and ride some woopty trails near town but No. Some dudes had come along and resurrected the old road gap drop that usually takes a few sightings to 'nut up' to before I'll giver a go. Its not that I was feeling particularly saucy this day, it’s that the bike really was feeling that good. I worked for a suspension manufacture for a few years on top of being a race and shop mechanic and my shniz was dialed so I wasn't worried. Like buttta, touch down, and with a head angle like this any high speed run out is still a one finger brake scrub. So yah, I'm going to be telling some people about this bike..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.