Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The black Trance 2 frame is beautiful, much moreso than the blue Trance 1.
The 2 comes with a Float R while the 1 comes with the RP3. Oh to have the RP3 on the black Trance 2 frame!!!

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
danK said:
The 2 comes with a Float R while the 1 comes with the RP3. Oh to have the RP3 on the black Trance 2 frame!!!
Thanks for sharing this random thought... :confused:

lol

I like the black myself as well.

·
Registered
245 Posts
danK said:
Sorry to disappoint you but I talked with Giant on Friday and the Trance frame will be the frame from the Trance 1, hence the blue frame.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
ILxcMTNbiker said:
Sorry to disappoint you but I talked with Giant on Friday and the Trance frame will be the frame from the Trance 1, hence the blue frame.
ILxcMTNbiker - So, if I understand you correctly, Giant will indeed be offering a frame only option?

Cool. I've got a build kit already picked out. If I can only hold out that long. If I crumble I'll likely get a Spyder or Blur.

-Ian

·
Registered
245 Posts
goneskiian said:
ILxcMTNbiker - So, if I understand you correctly, Giant will indeed be offering a frame only option?

Cool. I've got a build kit already picked out. If I can only hold out that long. If I crumble I'll likely get a Spyder or Blur.

-Ian
Yes, Giant will have one frame for each new model(Trance, Reign, Faith). The frames will be the ones from the Trance 1, Reign 1, and Faith 1. The frames according to Giant will not be available till mid to end of December for after market sales.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ILxcMTNbiker said:
Yes, Giant will have one frame for each new model(Trance, Reign, Faith). The frames will be the ones from the Trance 1, Reign 1, and Faith 1. The frames according to Giant will not be available till mid to end of December for after market sales.
by aftermarket sales you mean to dealers to sell?
sorry for the confusion on my part.
i just need to time my frame purchases and cleaning out my stable to make room, but I don't want to be a bike short.

If the Trance frame came in at the beginning of November, that would be perfect... but I bet you'll tell me it is indeed slated for December.

Another reason why I'm antsy: my sponsorship runs out Dec. 31 at the local Giant dealer.

·
Registered
245 Posts
danK said:
by aftermarket sales you mean to dealers to sell?
sorry for the confusion on my part.
i just need to time my frame purchases and cleaning out my stable to make room, but I don't want to be a bike short.

If the Trance frame came in at the beginning of November, that would be perfect... but I bet you'll tell me it is indeed slated for December.

Another reason why I'm antsy: my sponsorship runs out Dec. 31 at the local Giant dealer.
You are in luck, the Trance and Reign frames are the first to come out around mid to end of November and the Faith to come out in December. Again this is according to what Giant USA has told me.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Where have you guys seen the black Trance frame? In person or on the net? If you have a link, please share it!!! I'd love to see the black frames. Thanks.

·
Registered
245 Posts
turdferguson79 said:
Where have you guys seen the black Trance frame? In person or on the net? If you have a link, please share it!!! I'd love to see the black frames. Thanks.
At the Interbike show a in early October and you can see them in the Giant Fall 2004 cataloge that your LBS has.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Black is Beautiful

It is a shame that the Trance frame will come in blue-the black is so much cooler looking. Maybe I can work a deal with the lbs to order a frame and then switch out the components from the Trance 2. Giant are you listeneing? Riders want Trance frame purchases in Black.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts