Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This frame features a Risse racing rear end with "modular" dropouts. It would fit a 650b. Now imagine it with a Nixon or a Pike or a White Bros, or a Fox Fork up front and dual 650bs - would it be of interest to you guys/gals?

I'm just wondering out loud, but it would cool to see if it would fetch any demand.

Cheers,

Mark

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
That's interesting. I have one of those Risse rear ends on a 2000 Big Hit Enduro. They are unbelieveably well engineered and super stiff and strong. That's a super simple looking front frame design there...but extremely stout looking due to the trangulation. I'm not too crazy about interupted seattube designs, but I still have one that works extremely well, so it's not the end of the world by any means. What kind of seat clamp design is that? Based on the travel mine produces with a 2" stroke shock, that setup must have at least 6" or better at the rear. Got any frame weights with coil or air shock?

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool - I'll try to get more details from the gentleman who built it. He's kind of well known for using red, white and black in his designs. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.