Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Proud Thunderchicken ownr
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing a spring service on my fork, seals and oils. Re-assembled and went to dial back all my settings and I couldn't even budge my rebound knob. I tried using a longer 2.5mm Allen but it will not turn either direction.
Seized.
So I start looking for replacement rebound damper assemblies and see that there is a 2007-09 part and a 2010-12. My problem is I can't recall what year mine is. It was used and it is either 09 or 10.
I know 09 and 10 are not compatible as they have larger oil ports, is there an easy way to visually verify the model year? Is the bolt on the bottom bigger on the newer version?

Totem circa 2009 or 2010
Started as Air, converted to coil.
Mission Control damper.
Grey/granite lowers.

Do I need item #10 (11.4015.153.000) in the RS 2007 Totem small parts manual
or #16 (11.4015.416.030) in the RS 2012 spare parts manual

Or have I done something else in my re-assembly that is an easy fix?

·
Proud Thunderchicken ownr
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No can do. I swapped the CSU last year after it started creaking so I have no number.

I'm just gonna troll classifieds for a damaged Totem and hope the parts are swappable.
Cheaper than the $175-200 CDN my LBS will charge me.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Might still be worth a call to rockshox, they might have a way of determining the year. Or it might be ok to buy both comp. and rebound cartridges, as long as they match each other, i dont think they changed springs or stanchions. All good questions to ask rockshox. If you buy a damaged totem theres no telling whats in there or whats working right, money down the drain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts