Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Visitor
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is agreed. It is a Schwinn. Would any of you experts care to name the model. Many thanks for all the wonderful feedback!

·
horn doggie
847 Posts
Maybe an early, pre-Yeti-involvement pre-Homegrown Homegrown? Interesting asymetrical chainstays.

Ameybrook may be able to shed some light.

·
Visitor
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep. Ameybrook set me straight, pretty much. As far as a person can tell, it is 95 pre-Homegrown (have I not seen the same identical frame posted on this forum, with the Homegrown decal package on it?), possibly Northwest built (Control Tech?), model is possibly Factory XT. The paint is pretty hammered. It's now in being powder coated by Spectrum (they said since I was going with a single color that I would get it back in two weeks - same for one of my Pro FRO frames I dropped off at the same time. I'll post a pic when Spectrum tells me to come pick em up. Cheers.

·
1,529 Posts
hairstream said:
Yep. Ameybrook set me straight, pretty much. As far as a person can tell, it is 95 pre-Homegrown (have I not seen the same identical frame posted on this forum, with the Homegrown decal package on it?), possibly Northwest built (Control Tech?), model is possibly Factory XT. The paint is pretty hammered. It's now in being powder coated by Spectrum (they said since I was going with a single color that I would get it back in two weeks - same for one of my Pro FRO frames I dropped off at the same time. I'll post a pic when Spectrum tells me to come pick em up. Cheers.
Two weeks? What did you slip them an extra $40 ;) I got an 8 week quote.

Like I said, it isn't a Potts, Ham, Ritchey, or even an 89 C-dale 29er, but those are stll really nice frames. tell Jon I said hi next time you see him.

·
horn doggie
847 Posts
ncres said:
I have that same Bike----it's a 98 yeah? I also have an anodized gold Homegrown...what do you know about those?
That would be the year 2000 Homegrown Factory Limited.... integrated headset (sucky), N'Litened tubes, ram air seat stay, damn light, limited numbers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts