Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've had my SB140 for close to two months now. I love how it rides but one thing that I don't love is how on wet or loamy days how the rear tire flings a bunch of mud/debris right on the switch infinity link. Not a big deal for the front one which is easy to wipe off after the ride but seems impossible to get crap off the rear one. Sure I can pull swing arm off and clean/grease the rear one but that is a PITA and not practical as an every ride routine. What are some of the techniques tricks the vets have come up with to clean off that rear stanchion or better yet keeping the muck out of there to begin with?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Get a garden sprayer and give the SI a quick spritz of soapy water mix after every ride. I do that to keep the dirt and dust from over accumulating and creating a crust.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Use an old tooth brush.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I use a small travel toothbrush

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Condoms & zip ties

·
Registered
21 Posts
Living in the muddy North of England and having coated mine with mud. Suggest simple low pressure hose plus after drying suspension fork lube seems to be doing the job. Actually think brushes etc more likely to force crap through seals and/or damage coating.
On final note if I lived in sunny CA think I would be using compressed air to the unit to clean away dust before it penetrates seals............if only

1 - 11 of 11 Posts