Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Nurse Ben
11,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've played with a number of solutions that hold a mountain bike upright without having to remove the front wheel.

Here's what I got for my new van conversions, it is made by Pipeline Racks, there are two sizes, it's very adjustable, and the uprights fit nicely behind my lower storage. I'm thinking about cutting the track and mounting the racks individually on each side of my rear doors. I bought the one designed for a full sized truck, butthey have a narrower modfel that might work for smaller vans:

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
1,891 Posts
Nice set up!
We use the Leisure Sports Bike Stand from Lowe's in the back of our Toyota Sienna. All back seats have been removed, because we're always hauling bikes somewhere.

Just put it behind the front seat, secure with some rafting straps through the attachment points for the seats on the van floor and Bob's your uncle. Roll the bikes in, maybe or maybe not strap the wheels in the stand, depending on distance. Weighs maybe two or three pounds and takes about 3 minutes to install or take out. Not the 2.5" width for the tire. Might or might not friction fit a 2.6" tire.
Bicycle Bicycle frame Bicycle fork Triangle Musical instrument accessory

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.