Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for suggestion on a SS DJ/trail bike. I have been looking at the Haro Thread1,Specalized p1, and building either a custom Fetish or Santa Cruz Chameleon. Looking for suggestions. Has anyone ridden the Haro Thread? LBS has a great deal on one.

·
dirt rules
3,050 Posts
What kind of geometry do you want? That's the question you need to ask yourself. When you figure that out, find a few that fit, and ask about those.

A custom build will always be better, stock bikes come with crap components that you have to replace eventually. You can get on a bike a lot cheaper with a stock bike though.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Ok, go for the P.1. That is what I am getting and its only 699. (at my lbs) . The thread one looks pretty good too and its like 100 cheaoer then the p.1 if u find the right place. I still prefer the p.1 . Don't even bother building up a custom...too much money ... too much time. I would go with the p.1 ...here are pics of the p.1 and thread one...

thread one 2007

specialized p.1 2007 (better buy!)

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
Try pre-production mockups. Every company takes pics of half-assed bikes initially, that doesn't mean Specialized sucks.

I would strongly recommend the Chameleon. That's the only one of the listed bikes that will come close to holding its own on trails; the others are too DJ-specific.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.