Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a one car garage where I currently keep my bike, tools, and spare parts. Everything is a bit of mess right now and I would like to get organized. I do park my car in the garage, so however I organize it, I need to keep things on the wall, or to the sides/back of the garage. I was hoping that you can let me know what your set-up is like so I can get some ideas.

P.S. I use a wall-mounted stand to work on the bike. I have a shelf at the back of the garage that can hold stuff, as well as an overhead shelf from which I can hang things. I don't have much space left on the walls, but I do have a peg-board to hold tools and things.

Cheers.

·
(enter witty phrase here)
2,250 Posts
noonievut said:
I have a one car garage where I currently keep my bike, tools, and spare parts. Everything is a bit of mess right now and I would like to get organized. I do park my car in the garage, so however I organize it, I need to keep things on the wall, or to the sides/back of the garage. I was hoping that you can let me know what your set-up is like so I can get some ideas.

P.S. I use a wall-mounted stand to work on the bike. I have a shelf at the back of the garage that can hold stuff, as well as an overhead shelf from which I can hang things. I don't have much space left on the walls, but I do have a peg-board to hold tools and things.

Cheers.
Nothing beats the orginization of a peg board. One problem with this though, is if you leave your garage door open, people walking or driving by can easily get an inventory of your stuff. Potential robery?

I prefer the pile of stuff on the counter or workstand shelf. I always seem to find what I need quicker this way.

·
2,548 Posts
tlg said:
I prefer the pile of stuff on the counter or workstand shelf. I always seem to find what I need quicker this way.
LOL !!! This method usually works well for me also ..... however, my somewhat-better-half sees things just a little differently...hehheh....a "mess" isn't a mess if it's "a functional mess", and mine functions well that way ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.