Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Go faster
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I have been riding a 2x9 steadily for the last 5 years or so and recently a SS (since july). I got a grass roots type sponsor ship recently and have just finished a road bike through this company, basically, I am getting parts at a EP/team bulk price. Now that my road bike is finished, I am going to build a 29er while I have this discount available to me. I live in the flat lands of houston and am building a hard tail 29er.

I've requested pricing on XTR, XT, XX, X0 for rear der, shifter, cranks, chain, cassette. I want to run a narrow/wide chainring and one of those derailleurs that keeps the chain slack out.

So far I got the frame and sid world cup fork, stans crest wheels, ck bb & headset. I don't want to go super cheap on the parts. Light weight/ high end is something I want.

My question:

What 1x10 drive train should I order if I want to run narrow/wide chain ring (possibly with a 40 tooth cog in the back)?

Thanks

·
NedwannaB
12,792 Posts
Like you said, lots of options. Search thru the related threads. Find some pertaining to your frame and preference of cranks etc. You're going to get a bunch of recommendations on here from personal experiences that you'll have to sort thru anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.