Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
dirt visionary
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we have the visitor thread that provides great info for outta towners .

But I think we should have a thread stickied that contains our Videos and minimal pics of our rides on our trails. I really enjoy watching other local riders videos and seeing their pics of trails. One it lets me see trails that I haven't rode and reminds me of trails that need to be revisited. If the videos are also included in your ride report then you should provide a link to your ride report with your video that way people can get more info about the trail and your ride.

Just a thought.

·
Saucy Size
4,482 Posts
I'd love to figure out a way to accumulate all the videos and pix in a meaningful way, but I'm pretty sure a thread in the forum isn't the way to do it. I've been relentless in trimming and organizing the visitor sticky and it's still a mess.

Maybe -- maybe! -- a user could take the lead and set up a blog here at MTBR as a clearinghouse for that stuff. That user could probably also better coordinate that content: by trail, by city, whatever.

Another possibility: I'm not 100% sure how the search function works but we might be able to save a set of common searches into a forum post that'd pull up old videos/pix associated with some specific title text. Then, when you hit the link you'd basically run a fresh search and pull up, say, every thread with the word "Sedona" in the title and connected to a video or pic. Thing is, I'm not sure we can actually save searches. Worth experimenting with.

Oh rats, one more thing: In many (most?) cases, the pix aren't embedded but rather are hotlinked to offsite content -- someone's Youtube file, or .jpgs being stored at someone's blog or Flickr or whatever. I don't think the search function is smart enough to look through each post's HTML in search of embedded media. :-(

I like the idea (maybe not the blog idea, it's just the first thing that came to mind). I'd really like a way to gather and tag visual content in here, and the forum isn't a good tool for it. I'll take other ideas as well.

p.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.