Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new so bear with me. this question may have been adressed many times.my 2002 id is cracked im the original owner.will they take care of it?im 50 just a crusier bike has never been more than six inches off the ground.........

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Whatever happens, let us know. If they don't have a supply of Id front triangles, I think we will all be curious as to what they do? Give you an Epi?

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
zeb said:
Maybe you can list some of the excusess.
Try to take it easy,eventhough things have gone bad.
ID is the bike that is very hard to be replaced with any other model in mtbindustry.
Don't most bicycle companies offer a comparable product if the one you have is no longer available?

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Ellsworth, sorry, this looks like another

Are you guys waiting for a damaged frame to be pop up to fix the guy up like was apparently done for someone else on here with a broken Isis?

Get on it. Get him a Epi if that is what it takes to make him and all of us happy.

I'm tired of 80% complaining on here and 100% raving on that other bike forum. Makes one reconsider their next bike...hell it makes one reconsider their current bike.

BTW, what size Id is it...maybe I can sell you mine.

zeb said:
ID is the bike that is very hard to be replaced with any other model in mtbindustry.
Not really. And it's not worth a four month wait unless those excuses are really good. I have a really hard time imagining it, unless it's because they don't have any frames..which at that point the only recourse is to upgrade to a new model....

...or....

If I was a conspiracist, I might believe that if someone broke an id, returned it and got hooked by Ellsworth saying "for a few dollars more, we can get you into an Epi.? So if the OP didn't bite, Ellsworth might have to wait till someone else came along with a broken stay, then convinced to take the deal. The result is a front triangle to fix the bike. (BTW this practice would create a huge liability since the history of the bike is unknown. Turner says he destroys returned frames because of it). I know Ells doesn't destroy all frames because they had a trade in program where the old frames were used in a donation program.

The guy was out four months in the prime or riding season and probably dragged along week by week looking back thinking he should have bought another frame so he could ride.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Lidarman, good points. I was going to go from my old Truth to the Epiphany. However, the price aside, I was concerned about CS. I got my 08 575 for about $3300 and it has a 5 year warranty and the company has a great rep for CS. Ellsworth warranty is 2 years and even when you have a warranty it seems dealing with scenarios like this is too commonplace. Now, to be completely honest, I couldn't justify the extreme premium for the Ellsworth and that was the primary reason I passed. But, the constant groaning about crappy cs didn't make my decision any more difficult.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I agree that crackride was entitled to have new bike in about 2 weeks.If Ellsworth do not have Id front trianges left,then customer should be able to get new frame that has replaced ID in Ellsworth line of bikes.

When my ID broke,I concidered many bikes and finally bought Nicolai Helius FR but it turned only to be a substitute to ID.Ok maybe there is MTB frame that is just right for me.
This what i want:
1.High Bottombracket ie to ID
2.Horst link or Itc
3.Light weight frame
4.5"-6" rear suspension
5.Good mud clearence to run fat tires(Sadly ID can handle only 2,35 Fat Albert)

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
zeb said:
I agree that crackride was entitled to have new bike in about 2 weeks.If Ellsworth do not have Id front trianges left,then customer should be able to get new frame that has replaced ID in Ellsworth line of bikes.

When my ID broke,I concidered many bikes and finally bought Nicolai Helius FR but it turned only to be a substitute to ID.Ok maybe there is MTB frame that is just right for me.
This what i want:
1.High Bottombracket ie to ID
2.Horst link or Itc
3.Light weight frame
4.5"-6" rear suspension
5.Good mud clearence to run fat tires(Sadly ID can handle only 2,35 Fat Albert)
I like the high BB too.

I'm not trying to promote Turner since I have my issues with them too, but with the 5.5 rockers on 5 spots, one can get a 5 inch spot and new rockers to boost up the BB and get more travel. The ideal is an old spot with Horst, new rockers if you buy into the "Horst link effect." Turner at one time did too, till his license fees got him, so none of us should feel ashamed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
they did offer to upgrade me to the moment for 1800.00 extra...same price i could buy one on ebay..lets see orignal price of the id 1895.00 now 1800.00 more for a frame that should have been handled.. on the spot .......PRICELESS!

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
crackride said:
they did offer to upgrade me to the moment for 1800.00 extra...same price i could buy one on ebay..lets see orignal price of the id 1895.00 now 1800.00 more for a frame that should have been handled.. on the spot .......PRICELESS!
:eek:

Oh my....................

The stink of bad ethics is worse than a decaying corpse. Not sure I smell something or not...but something is rotten.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Very Rotten. Seems like they are getting more than cost for a warranty replacement. How crappy is that? That's about the price they quoted me on a trade in of my old Truth.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi All,

This is the worst part of having a Ellsworth ! The Ellsworth CS !
Mr Tony should have more atention to people that is paying almost 2000 dollars for a frame! I´m very please with Ellsworth, but if I had a similar propose for a broken frame I would buy another bike! No doubts about that! An exclusive frame maker should make a diference on the maner that a client is treated.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hey Ellsworth.....

Look, if you state that the ID has a lifetime warranty, then guess what ....it is lifetime!! That means no excuses and a timely replacement without an additional cost.

If you don't have ID triangles, then that is your problem. Replace with a Moment or Epiphany then. I mean, you all are charging the HIGHEST prices for frames in the industry. Back up your warranties with what you promised.

I haven't dealt with Ellsworth yet on a CS issue yet, but rest assured that if I experience any thing remotely like this during my warranty period, then I would be taking my business to Ventana or Yeti in a second.

·
Registered
76 Posts
That sucks!! I consider myself lucky for not having any of these problems with my ID or with Ellsworth in general. I had an '05 ID and it was a sweet ride, I also liked its BB height. I moved on to Turner and couldn't be happier.

Has anyone filed complaints through the BBB??

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Same here.
When they break (my Id or Moment), Yeti's next for me. It's a shame, I'd miss the Horst link more than anything else. Maybe I'll take a look at Chumbas too.

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
bpnic said:
Same here.
When they break (my Id or Moment), Yeti's next for me. It's a shame, I'd miss the Horst link more than anything else. Maybe I'll take a look at Chumbas too.
It would be really interesting if say someone broke an Id, and another manufacturer allowed it as a crash replacement trade-in for their brand.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts