Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK.. here the story..
I've had the Id for a while now.. almost as soon as it was available.. and she's been good to me. The only gripe I really has with her was that her top tube was constantly rubbing my crown jewels.. Normally I wouldn't mind this ;-) , but on really technical sections I find this really unnerving.
So I've been thinking about the Epi as it looks like she has much better standover.
Has anyone gone from an Id to and Epi? What are your thoughts?? pros/cons differences..

Cheers..

·
Registered
410 Posts
littlejohn said:
OK.. here the story..
I've had the Id for a while now.. almost as soon as it was available.. and she's been good to me. The only gripe I really has with her was that her top tube was constantly rubbing my crown jewels.. Normally I wouldn't mind this ;-) , but on really technical sections I find this really unnerving.
So I've been thinking about the Epi as it looks like she has much better standover.
Has anyone gone from an Id to and Epi? What are your thoughts?? pros/cons differences..

Cheers..
You couldn't possibly have any more standover clearance than I do on my Epi - it feels like a frigg'n BMX bike!!
(I'm 6' and riding a med.)

Attachments

·
Time is not a road.
4,150 Posts
What kind of fork are you running? Getting something with a lower A to C height would help with the standover a bit. But if you already have a low A to C, then you'll need a different bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts