Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Unchained Freewheel
283 Posts
osokolo said:
i figure... if you as a student could afford an ells and a turner, i'll get another ells...

is that ok with you?
:D No,no its not,take it back RIGHT now oso !!!! of course I am kidding,what color? what size ? when did you get it ? did you just want a back up ride? have you taken it on its maiden voyage yet ? how does it ride ? I hope you enjoy it and you get years of use out of it ! :thumbsup: Post some pics when its all dolled up !

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
orange Id w/ RP3

Tarbaby4Ever said:
:D No,no its not,take it back RIGHT now oso !!!! of course I am kidding,what color? what size ? when did you get it ? did you just want a back up ride? have you taken it on its maiden voyage yet ? how does it ride ? I hope you enjoy it and you get years of use out of it ! :thumbsup: Post some pics when its all dolled up !
Blue Chris King headset
Blue Hope seat collar
Thomson Seat post w/ Selle Italia Trans Am
Race Face Deus X type
Race Face Next Low riser bar
Race Face Deus Stem
Sram XO shifters w/ rear der
Shimano XTR front der
Nokon shifter cables
Magura Marta SL w/ 180 mm front
Fox Talas RLC (2006)
Mavic 819 on CK
Kenda Nevegal 2.1 UST
Ergon MR1 grips

i guess that is it... it'll be my all mountain ride... Truth will be trimmed down for racing only...

now someone please answer my question...

·
The Ancient One
1,573 Posts

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,774 Posts
osokolo said:
What pressure should I run for RP3... I am 210# with gear... thanks...
Enough to get the proper sag.

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
thanks einstein...

Jayem said:
Enough to get the proper sag.
my problem is that i have RP3 on Truth, and i put 150# in it... Truth leverage is 2:1

i believe Id leverage is 3:1 - am i wrong?

following this logic, the pressure in RP3 on Id should be over 200# - that seems to be very high...

:confused: :confused: :confused:

right now to get the proper sag i need to put 190# in... kinda high compared to other people...

·
The Ancient One
1,573 Posts
osokolo said:
my problem is that i have RP3 on Truth, and i put 150# in it... Truth leverage is 2:1

i believe Id leverage is 3:1 - am i wrong?

following this logic, the pressure in RP3 on Id should be over 200# - that seems to be very high...

:confused: :confused: :confused:

right now to get the proper sag i need to put 190# in... kinda high compared to other people...
The Id's leverage ratio averages 2.5:1 with a 2" stroke shock and 2.67:1 with a 2.25" stroke shock.

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RP3 is 2" stroke

Steve from JH said:
The Id's leverage ratio averages 2.5:1 with a 2" stroke shock and 2.67:1 with a 2.25" stroke shock.
so the leverate ratio is 2.5:1

so if i use 150# on my Truth (2004MY), what should be starting point for the Id, that maks sense... it has to be more than 150# - right???

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
O., I was at slightly over 155 PSI, give or take a few, thats the last thing I write down about it, I set it, then gave it a tweak on a ride. Just found the piece of card I wrote it on in the toolbox.

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
weight?

Whafe said:
O., I was at slightly over 155 PSI, give or take a few, thats the last thing I write down about it, I set it, then gave it a tweak on a ride. Just found the piece of card I wrote it on in the toolbox.
thanks

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
clarification

Pic-n-Sav said:
I weight 215# and I ran 165 psi with a '05 Float R.
we were talkinga about the leverage ratio of the frame (rocker)...

obviously, more leverage would require more pressure if everything else is the same...

Id has higher rocker leverage ratio than Truth...

has nothing to do with shocks or shock strokes...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.