Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joining the Big Wheels after being out of the sport for 3-4 years.....

LBS is ordering my 23" Trek Cobia, come to me. Let's see pics of your cobia?!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fantastic choice on the Cobia! After doing a little lurking around on here i too decided to order one in the 23" size. I Have only had the bike for two days and the weather is not exactly cooperating with our trails so i dont have any pictures yet, but ill get some up as soon as i get a chance to ride again.
Enjoy the new ride man!

·
Master of Disaster
980 Posts
beer_coffee_water said:
Here's a couple of pics for you. A Cobia with better colors, IMO. The blue is off in the first pic due to the sun on my porch this morning.
That's the Kodak camera and flash not the sun.

What's the story on the upgraded SLX crankset and the super-short DH stem?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Yup, that's a kodak. Nice, cheap old work camera. One of these days I am going to buy something along the lines of a Panasonic Lumix ZS series.

The SLX crankset is part of a SLX 2x10 setup: shifters, cranks, FR, cassette, RD and chain. I like it better than the Shimano/Sram 3x10 stock stuff.

The 50mm stem is there because I put 785mm low rise bar on it, again I like the way it works now. My LBS changed it from stock (weird GF 17° sweep bars) when I test rode it to a 690mm high riser bar with a 90mm stem. One of these days I will cut the steer tube and new platforms once I sell my clipless I bought.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I attach images from my pc, I don't know/care how to embed with an image host site. When you reply to a post scroll down a little after the text box and look for a gray button labeled "upload images" in the additional options field.

·
Registered
181 Posts
beer_coffee_water said:
Here's a couple of pics for you. A Cobia with better colors, IMO. :thumbsup:
The blue is off in the first pic due to the sun on my porch this morning.
that looks like a mamba. i should know i have the same bike :p

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
probablecauz said:
that looks like a mamba. i should know i have the same bike :p
You're right about it being a Mamba frame but look closer at the fork and brakes.The orange of the Cobia was just too much for me. I'll post up more pics once I get further into my build plan.

·
Registered
181 Posts
beer_coffee_water said:
You're right about it being a Mamba frame but look closer at the fork and brakes.The orange of the Cobia was just too much for me. I'll post up more pics once I get further into my build plan.

ok, yeah i see the fork is diffrent. hard to see the brakes. i have the same cranks on my mamba. (upgraded from stock)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Uhhhh, why all the Cobia pics? They all look the same. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts