Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is this company legit? As far as I can tell they have the best price on DT competition spokes around. I am considering putting in an order but would like some feedback on this company or possibly a place that gives better deals on spokes (not boxes of twenty or what ever, individuals)

feedback

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
darkmatter said:
is this company legit? As far as I can tell they have the best price on DT competition spokes around. I am considering putting in an order but would like some feedback on this company or possibly a place that gives better deals on spokes (not boxes of twenty or what ever, individuals)

feedback
How important that you get DT spokes? Odds and Endo sells Wheelsmith spokes for a good price. The Wheelsmith 14/15 double butted spokes sort of fall between the dt comps and revolutions in terms of weight. Mike Garcia has a very good reputation on this board.

Remember Mike's prices include the nipple of your choice and buy one extra spoke of each length for later just in case.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
legit. very good most of the time, but i know two riders who were sent tires (wrong tires, wire bead and not kevlar like they were lead to believe since the pic showed they were kevlar) and went bonkers trying to get a reply from icycles.

someone posted on mtbr about their hassles of getting a refund for a wrong item. I think they chalked it up as a learning experience.

overall most seem to be happy with them.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Good experience here

Purchased 2 XT front derailleurs from them and no problems. Items were as described, and shipped quickly.

Clyde

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
dont try to talk to anyone...

The company seems to be almost automated, I ordered a 90mm stem and received a 120mm one, and it took them almost 2 weeks of emails (on my part) to get info on the return policy. Although the stem did come very quickly. Also,if your looking for cheap double butted spokes, look at www.oddsandendos.com they have wheelsmith DB14 (2.0, 1.7) spokes starting at .50, and his prices include nipples. I dont work for oddsandendos, i just have found that they generally have the best price in spokes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
dompedro3 said:
The company seems to be almost automated, I ordered a 90mm stem and received a 120mm one, and it took them almost 2 weeks of emails (on my part) to get info on the return policy. Although the stem did come very quickly. Also,if your looking for cheap double butted spokes, look at www.oddsandendos.com they have wheelsmith DB14 (2.0, 1.7) spokes starting at .50, and his prices include nipples. I dont work for oddsandendos, i just have found that they generally have the best price in spokes.
I second Odds and Endos, Mike Garcia will set you up without breaking the bank. I also agree with the info regarding Icycles, I purchased some derailleur housing from them and they were very prompt, but when I tried to talk to someone to try and add some ferrules and rubber doughnuts on to my order, it was impossible to talk to someone.

·
Tende
53 Posts
Icycles

They are COMPLETELY automated. If you have any problem with any part of your order, you're ****. I ordered several times from them. The last time they sent the wrong item and there was nothing I could do - no one to talk to, no one to answer my emails. I will not order from them again. One wrong order can wipe out a lot of savings.

·
Registered
981 Posts
They are legit. They are OK if eveything goes well (i.e. it's in stock, no returns, no issues).

Place order and they will ship.

If you have an issue like a return or a question, good luck. Like the others have said, it's all automated and there is no trace of a human being in sight to contact.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Choose a real person over automation!

Mike at Odds & Endos will take the time to chat with you about your situation and needs, then set you up. Can't recommend him highly enough.

This kind of personalized, knowledgeable service is rapidly disappearing these days. To find it in combination with very good prices is even more rare. Enjoy it while you can....

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
riverrat said:
Mike at Odds & Endos will take the time to chat with you about your situation and needs, then set you up. Can't recommend him highly enough.

This kind of personalized, knowledgeable service is rapidly disappearing these days. To find it in combination with very good prices is even more rare. Enjoy it while you can....
I now agree, I got my spokes from Mike, and have had some e-mail corrrespondance with him.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.