Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Jackbooted Elitist Hipstr
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one of you wintertime training, high mileage riding, clean living, healthy dieting teetotaling SS'ers is planning on mounting the podium this weekend?

I guess none of the usual suspects meets that description, but I know lotsa guys have been getting after it lately in hopes of representing. Should be fun to watch.

My predictions-

Broussard will run his new WRX off the road while hitting the NOS and drifting en route to the race and not make the start

Teamdicky's new frame will crack cause it's made of crappy Taiwanese steel by 9 year old girls with bound feet

Pisgahproductions will blind himself when the sun makes a momentary appearance and reflects off his chromed fork directly into his retina

Extrmtao will pass out from dehydration after drinking the mid race beer and sweating all 16 oz out in the next 18 seconds

Brado will nip some shaved racerboy from Atlanta at the finish line, making good on his new year's resolution to start a strict doping regimen

*Feel free to help me out with predictions for Darkwing Duck, Plume and other's I 'm leaving out because I have such a bad memory of people I've ridden with.

I just hope somebody pushes me down during the run so I have a good excuse for my poor showing.

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
Singletrack Pig said:
Which one of you wintertime training, high mileage riding, clean living, healthy dieting teetotaling SS'ers is planning on mounting the podium this weekend?

I guess none of the usual suspects meets that description, but I know lotsa guys have been getting after it lately in hopes of representing. Should be fun to watch.

My predictions-

Broussard will run his new WRX off the road while hitting the NOS and drifting en route to the race and not make the start

Teamdicky's new frame will crack cause it's made of crappy Taiwanese steel by 9 year old girls with bound feet

Pisgahproductions will blind himself when the sun makes a momentary appearance and reflects off his chromed fork directly into his retina

Extrmtao will pass out from dehydration after drinking the mid race beer and sweating all 16 oz out in the next 18 seconds

Brado will nip some shaved racerboy from Atlanta at the finish line, making good on his new year's resolution to start a strict doping regimen

*Feel free to help me out with predictions for Darkwing Duck, Plume and other's I 'm leaving out because I have such a bad memory of people I've ridden with.

I just hope somebody pushes me down during the run so I have a good excuse for my poor showing.
Funny Stuff there STP! :lol: :lol: :lol:

here are My predictions-

The Night before party

Icycle Photo finish - Sam again by a nose

Teamdicky and Wonderbread show up, but then over sleep missing the XC race

Broussard shows up with new wheels

Singletrack Pig finds a friend

The Stick, gets stuck

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

Pisgahproductions no shows , various reasons, none of which make any sense.

Green Fried ExtremeTomato makes poor decision on the amount of armour to wear on the Downhill

Mike Brown takes full advantage of the chili dinner

Darkwing Duck brings his new ride, "Fvck pedallin'"

Brado yeah, dopers suck :p ....eeeeeerrree !

Fontana Village when we're done with it

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm:

My predictions:

BradOooooooo,
Will drop and run over his new camera therefore flatting within the first .00001 miles.

SingleTrack Pig,
Shows up on time to the start, leads the first lap only to sit down and wonder why he is wearing carpis.

BrouSSard will lead the second lap after passing the wondering SingleTrack Pig only to spot an Icehouse tall boy in the woods during the second lap ending up; ulitmately lost.

Teamdicky will stop next to SP, then proceed to swap out his stem, tires, spokes, rims, rim tape, spacers, seat post, (tie new knots in the brooks) and then wonder why he can't do a wheelie during the second lap. Gain all the time lost only to succomb to a flat tire due to MacJesus's enacting his voodoo on TD.

Pisgahproductions will do one lap pass SP and TD then realize he likes the course better in the other direction there fore no race director will dictate his actions and he turns around. . .

Extrmtao will pass out from dehydration after drinking the mid race beer and sweating all 16 oz out in the next 18 seconds This is true.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Singletrack Pig said:
Nice posts guys.

And they're CAPRIS tomato,

Not CARPIS. Jeez.

You know I'm gonna wear em.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww [email protected]@@@@@@@@@@mmmmmmnnnnnnnnnn, I had to call an unknown source to even remember the dang name of those pants. Ever had one of those days. . .

You would be much faster if you wore fishy pants. . .

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
Teamdicky will stop next to SP, then proceed to swap out his stem, tires, spokes, rims, rim tape, spacers, seat post, (tie new knots in the brooks) and then wonder why he can't do a wheelie during the second lap. Gain all the time lost only to succomb to a flat tire due to MacJesus's enacting his voodoo on TD.

I just wanted to elaborate on one SS racer from the list. You guy's have everyone else pegged, but I think TD will pull this strategy:

So, you think i should... reducemystemlengthandincreasemytoptubelengthordoyouthinkitwouldbebettertoshortenmytoptubeandincreasemystemlengthordoyouthinkishouldgeta73mmbottombracketsoicangetshorterseatstaysorshouldijustforgetaboutitandtrytooperatemywaterfilterwhilemyeyesarecloseduntilihavepracticedfillingonegallonjugsenoughthaticandoitinundertwominutes?

The competition will drop and roll! (That still just cracks me up - thanks PP.)

An old MTB Memory: Fireboy (IL Tourist - first ride in Bent Creek): How the he!! can you ramble on like this and still pedal in that cadence!?!

Me: Uh… what's a cadence?

:D

·
Category Winner
6,138 Posts
How 'bout:
SP will be rolling around on the ground laughing at his own gargantuan humor and miss the start.
ZB's manstache will not have fully taken effect, so he will be too ashamed to take the start line with an absence of lip plumage.
Tomato will miss the start. He'll be fiddling in the parking lot trying to fix his bike with chewing gum wrappers and shaving cream.
Eric will miss the start because he and Erinna will be doing an overnight 63.5 mile ride in Pisgah with 15,745 ft of elevation while wearing 40 pound packs.
Brado will miss the start because nobody ever told him there was a race. He just thought it was an INDOOR party. He'll also be sad because there won't be any anonymous butthole photos on his digi cam BECAUSE...
I won't be there.

TD He won't have anybody to travel from CLT with so he stays home and sulks. Now what am I gonna do with the two bottles of Mad Dog I bought specifically for this event?

Sorry I'm not sooooo funny, but not going this year sucks.

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
teamdicky said:
TD He won't have anybody to travel from CLT with so he stays home and sulks. Now what am I gonna do with the two bottles of Mad Dog I bought specifically for this event?

Sorry I'm not sooooo funny, but not going this year sucks.
Geeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz, way to put a damper on a funny thread.

Let's see TD could advertise on his blog that he has mad dog and no ride to the Icycle and he might only get 4,000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 or
5,000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 offers for a ride to such an event.

·
Category Winner
6,138 Posts
extrmtao said:
Since you are done pouting about not getting to go, does this mean we get some REAL dickyism's for the race predictions now?
Ah yes, my new predictions.
I will arrive at the start line 5 minutes prior to the gun going off in a $500 Assos trenchcoat with a built in MP3 player.
When I shed my coat I will reveal my chiseled form that I have been preparing for the 2007 season. The field will be blinded by an instant flash of white, and when their eyes adjust to the glare they won't believe what they are seeing. A massive wave of panic will spread out amongst my opponents when they see the official blue, yellow, black, and white jersey that can mean only one thing; Worlds category winner.

Some will run in fear (or in Broussard's case, phear).
Others with a fortitude as weak as their disposable custom frames will faint.
The remainder of the field will die from exposure to massive lethal doses of intimidation radiation. Everybody likes fried green tomatoes, right?
I will be declared the Icycle champion for all future races (and all past races) in every category.
Brado will miss it all because he'll still be inside with his kegs wondering why everybody's not at the INDOOR party.

·
Category Winner
6,138 Posts
The Wonderboy will get second by default. He will be the only one left standing at the start line as he is totally unaware of things in the "real world", and is generally not affected by any outside stimulus.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.