Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Big ring = No chainsuck
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah, yet another great event put on by J&W events!! It was cold this year, but at least it was dry! It actually was so dry that all of the would be mud was frozen. I got 4th in the expert, which isn't bad considering who was there. How did everyone else do? Anyone got pictures?

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
Congrats on your win!
:thumbsup:

This year's race was a very different event than the previous ones for me:
First off - where the heck did all those single speeders come from!?!
:eek:
Getting to watch both races from start to finish.
Having a sit down dinner of salmon on a white tablecloth supper Saturday! Whoa. Thanks to Wacko for the must needed mega-treat.
No freezing pain in my bionic leg.

Then there's the old boring usual great times provided by J & W, the volunteers, the staff at the Village, The Tinsley Family, Sir Bikes-A-Lot, that Brad-o Guy and all the riders & friends who came.

Though the drive over the mountain Friday evening was sketchy-scary, the only disaster I suffered all weekend was when my Unofficial Night Light fell off the deck. Waaa. He wasn't killed, just lost his legs. The surgery may only require some properly gauged wire, ingenuity, mental adaptability, future vision (sorry, I was hanging around Tomato too much) and acouple of zip ties. The UNL could be glowing anywhere in 2007.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
M-U-M said:
where the heck did all those single speeders come from!?!
I have theories on this. Very single speed friendly course, I thought. I thought the conditions were wonderful, I couldn't imagine what it would be like if it wasn't frozen. I have no complaints, I finished 6th in the single speed category, just off the lead group of guys. how impressive is it that the top two expert racers banged it out on singles?

Glad I got to spend the night there, that certainly made the after party more enjoyable. I really can't think of a better way to spend a february afternoon. Today we went and hiked Joyce Kilmer. I've never been there so it was very cool seeing an old growth forest in person. beautiful country.

I opted not to bring my camera, duh! So I really regret that, still I hope to get some copies from some other folks. I'll update my blog, with a full race weekend report soon... :thumbsup: enjoy the big game, and remember to grab some hair of the dog. :thumbsup:

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
Thanks to Wes and Jay, what a good weekend...,got some good photos and we've got some great helmet cam video footage of both the Xc and night downhill race ...my race report i did the xc on my ss, DNF'd.... Then did the night downhill crashed on the ice twice in pre-runs, was rockin' a pretty good buzz... then froze my ass off at the DH start, cleaned the whole course and crashd in front of the finish. placed last in Sport!

Great friends, good times, and a ill planned, and poorly executed attempts at stealin' the keg Sorry Jay ;)

thanks to Darrin for taking my camera mid-way thru the race to snap some good photos.

I'll post a few here later, and the rest we'll throw on to the Icycle website. the videos will be on the SirStompsalot website, and one or two good ones on the Icycle site, maybe a few days before that all happens.... be patient. :thumbsup:

thanks to those floating our kegs way before their time! it's all good.
good seeing everyone, and meeting new folks

later
b

·
Is it summer yet?
31 Posts
Well, this was my first mountain bike race (actually 2 races) .

I raced beginner women's cross country (more UP country, than cross, if you ask this flatlander) and beginner women's downhill. I took 4th in cross country, and it wore me slap out. I just rolled off my bike and lay on the hill and hacked for a good 20 mins afterwards.

Then that NIGHT brought the DH. 10 sec into my run, my light popped loose and bounced around like crazy and I had to ride with my head tucked down and to one side to see the trail, and my knee/shin guard popped open and I was praying it woudln't catch in the wheel and shoot me sling-shot-style off the mountain - mostly I was just trying to SURVIVE! Good times :) I didn't place very well, as they lumped this first-timer in with the expert women, but I did get a nice set of Maxxix DH tires for my troubles. And I wasn't LAST - woo hoo!

Oh, and a punched (aka, ran into with my hand) a tree on my downhill pre-ride. I look like I have anger mgt issues.

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
"loose and bounced around like crazy"

:skep:

Your normal personality aside, I was personally most impressed with the attitude I saw at the end of each race. Even after the "unique downhill" - there were smiles. You represent one of the best examples of someone who always had mountain bike passion and didn't get to utilze it till... how long you been riding anyway?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
WorkoutChick said:
Well, this was my first mountain bike race (actually 2 races) .

I raced beginner women's cross country (more UP country, than cross, if you ask this flatlander) and beginner women's downhill..
good on ya flat lander. welcome to racin' and the mountains.

:thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.