Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
thought i'd help WesD and Herndog out seeing at how i'm kinda responsible for the late start on getting the Website updated.... hopefully will be updated shortly...(i just do the art not the web guru-n-shiz)

Note for the XC Race some things have changed from Previous year's Used to be 12 noon was the start time with each class in 5 minute waves.

This Year:

racer meeting on the ballfield at 10:30am ALL RIDERS
Lemans Start:

Sport (M&W)- 11:00AM (2 Laps)
Big-Bike (10 inches total travel, flat pedals, and 35 lbs) (co-ed) -11:05AM (1 Lap)
Beginner (M&W)- 11:10AM (1 Lap)

break

Expert (M&W)- 1:00PM (3 Laps)
Single-Speed (co-ed) - 1:05PM (2 Laps)

Downhill no change from previous years - course will be open all day with shuttles to the top.

Register Now!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
awesome! this is such a great event I can't wait. We're making a whole weekend out of it for sure. This will be my first SS race in over a year... :)

I may not win the race, but I'm gunning for the party...

·
Big ring = No chainsuck
446 Posts
HandyMan said:
Whats the downhill course going to be like? Something a XC guy can do without killing himself?
Yeah man, you shouldn't have any problem doing the full DH course. Not only is there a fully rigid category (you don't even need suspension to do it), but the old Icycle course used to come down the DH course. There is a climb in the middle, and most of it is cleanable going uphill in the opposite direction. It's a super fun course...

·
5,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
Registered
336 Posts
??

I am interested in trying out the icycle race this year. I am a serious recreational rider that rides in and around the charlotte areas. I have ridden all of Tsali,some Pisgah, normally ride sherman branch,poplar tent,whitewater. Question is would this race be too tough it would be my first race?any input would be helpful. Looks like loads of fun.

·
5,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lawnbike said:
I am interested in trying out the icycle race this year. I am a serious recreational rider that rides in and around the charlotte areas. I have ridden all of Tsali,some Pisgah, normally ride sherman branch,poplar tent,whitewater. Question is would this race be too tough it would be my first race?any input would be helpful. Looks like loads of fun.
Icycle is great First Race - there is one big downhill section on the back end of the course. One Steep climb in the beginning behind the Village Lodge, and 2 or 3 short steep sections heading back to the Village along the main road. you will see people walking in a couple of spots, there are a bunch of sections that are plenty wide for passing, couple of spots that are kinda tight, with some steep drop offs in sections. the course is not overly technical, but if the weather is bad it does add to the challenge.

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
A few of us rode at Fontana Village yesterday. Its gonna take an army of chainsaws to clear the trails. These trails looked like they hadn't seen a bike in months. Limbs,tree's and brairs oh my! and the trash was terrible, my buddy actually broke a corona bottle with his front tire. We should have been pulling bob trailers to police the trails. Post up when there's gonna be a day to clear the trails and we'll try to help out.On the brighter side with all the rain these trails were not muddy at all.

·
Registered
776 Posts
plume said:
Fontana's the toughest XC course in the area in my opinion. XC course...
It's one of the most fun singlespeed courses out there. I will not be racing singlespeed this year, but I plan on taking it in the special category of 10 speeds! Anybody else on a 10 speed better watchout, your going down!:madmax: :madmax:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I'm catching a lot of "wind" from some normal "expert level" racers who are going to be doing the singlespeed thing this year. I hope all your lactate thresholds are really high and stuff. I know one thing that will be...

oh god, see what I did there? It's an innuendo, god I'm funny!

but seriously I'm depressed about the lack of smack I'm witnessing here. This is the season opener people, get excited about trying to beat me!

:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.