Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here some pics of my project... still waiting on Ritchey Stem and Bars. It came in at 22.7lbs

Industry Nine Wheelset with DT Swiss Carbon Rims
Selle San Marco Aspide Carbon Saddle
FSA K-Force Light Carbon Cranks
DT Swiss EXC 150 Carbon Forks
Full XTR Drivetrain

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Some red Nokon shifter cables would look sweet on that ride, too. I have a black set on my black Motolite and they are sweet - silky smooth, no compression, and same weight as my XTR cables I had on previously.

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
iClique said:
Here some pics of my project... still waiting on Ritchey Stem and Bars. It came in at 22.7lbs

Industry Nine Wheelset with DT Swiss Carbon Rims
Selle San Marco Aspide Carbon Saddle
FSA K-Force Light Carbon Cranks
DT Swiss EXC 150 Carbon Forks
Full XTR Drivetrain
I know it's unfair to judge books by their covers. But what with the drop nose saddle, super upgright bars, and tiny tires with carbon rims, I'm guessing you're old fat n posin.

Not that that's a bad thing. The bike does look nice.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
iheartbicycles said:
I know it's unfair to judge books by their covers. But what with the drop nose saddle, super upgright bars, and tiny tires with carbon rims, I'm guessing you're old fat n posin.
Not quite, but if it makes you feel better about yourself... enjoy!

and btw... The bars are not "super upright", the stem is! It's only temporary because the shop was sizing me with different stem lengths. Going to try a 85mm and a 90mm Ritchey to see which works best. Since the Ritchey is flatter that's why we lowered the stem and put the spacers on top. Once we get the Ritchey fitted the spacers will be underneath and no extra steer tube.

Attachments

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
iClique said:
Not quite, but if it makes you feel better about yourself... enjoy!

and btw... The bars are not "super upright", the stem is! It's only temporary because the shop was sizing me with different stem lengths. Going to try a 85mm and a 90mm Ritchey to see which works best. Since the Ritchey is flatter that's why we lowered the stem and put the spacers on top. Once we get the Ritchey fitted the spacers will be underneath and no extra steer tube.
My apologies, Euro Boi. I take back what I said about you being old.

·
Seeeriously easy Livin
1,863 Posts
I have to say this bike seems to match its owner perfectly, they almost look alike, I like to think that the way I build my bikes says a lot about me as well.

Just curious, what did that wheelset end up weighing?

·
Registered
469 Posts
iClique is that you with your hands round those girls doing a Tom Cruise look-a-like. Is your bike a small? The frame looks a little big for you. Sorry dude I just gotta add it's an awesome bike. Very nice, the 04 s-works enduro was one of my fav bikes on the looks and this is the same.

·
the fat kid
433 Posts
IAmtnbikr said:
I figured with the parts on there it would weigh a bit less though.
Thats kinda what I was thinking, but what do I know... I'd love to hear individual parts weights!

Regardless, its as sexy as sexy gets! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
327 Posts
I used to run a Smica stem, Post Modern make the Ritchey stuff and theirs is less expensive than the Ritchey branded versions. But i dropped that and got the new Rotor stem instead, lighter and has red bits..

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
CupOfJava said:
Still waiting on the WCS stem and bar?
They should be here on Friday, so I'll definitely have them on by this Saturday, and it will finally be done... until something new like carbon rotors come out! HAHAHA

Attachments

1 - 20 of 263 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.