Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know how great these bikes are. But in life most people only here complaints and do not get to hear about how well they were treated as a customer. I had a cosmetic issue with my bike and over the the holidays emailed Hans at Ibis. I almost didn't even send the email because the issue was not that big of a deal. It was not more than a few hours later that I got a response with letting me know that he would take care of the problem. Today, problem solved. So cool to have a business be so responsive and take care of things when there is an issue.

I decided to post this because I had and issue with my fork that I bought from a "larger" bike manufacturer issue on my road bike a few years a go where I had to jump through hoops and still did not get it covered by warranty.

Great to have a company to willing to go above and beyond.

Thanks!

·
Registered
128 Posts
It's this reason that even with the tyranny of distance (me being in Australia) I am considering getting a Mojo or HD as my next frame. These guys are seriously awesome when it comes to after sales service and at the end of the day they could have the best product out there but its how they handle issues that makes a company great.

I have no problems endorsing companies that handle themselves like ibis.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I picked one up through the correct channels (dealer via Dirtworks) in Australia too. Could have saved a bit shipping out of the states but wanted to get the warranty legit.

Glad I did as I had an issue with my seatpost insert bonding once. Ibis swapped out whole front triangle, no questions asked. 100% recommend Ibis for CS and paying the extra for a full warranty in Aus.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hans is a fantastic guy to deal with, the only other company I have ever dealt with that has came close to the service of ibis was surprisingly trek. I always say you dont have to have the best product or the best price, but the best customer service... Ibis I think youve nailed all three- a cheaper mojo however would be nice :p I kid I kid

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
One of reasons I purchased my Mojo SL was the outstanding CS. I had one of the very
1st SL's & had an issue with the frame that was replaced no questions asked.So that led me to purchasing a Mojo SL for my wife.Now I see on one of the Ibis forum posts a guy is going to sell his Mojo because he can't find a creaking problem,Hans tells him to send him the bike & he will fix the creaking issue.Damm - that's just friggin insane,which now leaves me no choice for when my son grows out of his Scott Spark RC JR 24 to get him a Mojo, I should have looked into Ibis fleet pricing a long time ago.I've been around the bicycle & offroad motorcycle industry for a long time & the only company that I can think of that compares to Ibis for warranty/CS is Ogio.They make the very best gear bags, luggage,golf bags, etc.:thumbsup:

·
willing & able :P
7 Posts
I'm very tempted to get an Mojo SL, i potentially have one lined up, but it is technically second hand.. its is brand new and never been out of the box, but the thing now worrying me is thae warranty issues, if i damage it or anything happens to the frame under my ownership, what recourse do/will i have??

any views or ideas...

·
Fragglepuss The Chaste
2,115 Posts
I don't currently own an Ibis, but they'll get my business again in the future.
This past spring I had what appeared to be a crack in the swing arm of my Mojo. I couldn't tell if it was just the paint around one of the link bolt holes or something deeper into the carbon.
Their customer service and how quickly they addressed and came to a solution of my problem was beyond what most bike companies would have done.

I rarely warranty anything as I accept a degree of responsibility in how I use the product, and fortunately haven't needed to in almost 6 years prior the Mojo issue. But when I do, its nice to know a company is going to have your back-whether through a warranty or even a steep discount if the part was broken by no fault of the manufacturer. Ibis is one that will have your back.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Things like this just give ya a warm and fuzzy don't it. Crazy thing is in the world today of get rich quick and who cares about customer service Ibis does indeed stand above the rest. I bought my Mojo frame used. I recently sent an inquiry about BB spacers because I did not know all you guys where here, Scot answered directly. Man I was shocked!

I ordered up some goodies and asked if they could add to the order the keepers for the bales on the top tube and I would pay, they were sent N/C. I have nothing but good things to pass to my riding buddies related to Ibis. Thanks Scot and Aaron!

I know when I am looking for my next ride I don't have to look anywhere else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.