Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I figured that would draw some attention. I need help (don't we all?). I have a customer that ravaged their der hanger on a Ti Ibis MTB. I have obtained a dropout with hanger from Titus, (Big thanks to Matthias!!!), and am going to farm the hanger off of it, and weld it in place. No big deal there. Problem is, the hanger was at about 9 o'clock(ouch), and had a nice twist in it too, trying to bend it back, it broke, I was not surprised, but....Needless to say, I never saw it's original orientation. It broke in a spot that gives me no idea of original position. I have an idea, but I want it to look as nice as possible, and work as spec'd. The drops are the circular Breezer style, does anyone have one of these? If so, could you hook a fella up, and pull the derailleur for a nice close up of the drop out with a bit of stays included in it for orientation? Thanks in advance!!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
MendonCycleSmith said:
Alright, I figured that would draw some attention. I need help (don't we all?). I have a customer that ravaged their der hanger on a Ti Ibis MTB. I have obtained a dropout with hanger from Titus, (Big thanks to Matthias!!!), and am going to farm the hanger off of it, and weld it in place. No big deal there. Problem is, the hanger was at about 9 o'clock(ouch), and had a nice twist in it too, trying to bend it back, it broke, I was not surprised, but....Needless to say, I never saw it's original orientation. It broke in a spot that gives me no idea of original position. I have an idea, but I want it to look as nice as possible, and work as spec'd. The drops are the circular Breezer style, does anyone have one of these? If so, could you hook a fella up, and pull the derailleur for a nice close up of the drop out with a bit of stays included in it for orientation? Thanks in advance!!! :cool:
A friend of mine has one at his shop set up SS, I'll see if I can get a pic. May take a few days though.

Will

·
artistic...
7,636 Posts
i've got a steel mojo w/ those kgb drop outs. would the ti be different? i could take a pic of the drop outs if it helps.

·
16,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
colker1 said:
i've got a steel mojo w/ those kgb drop outs. would the ti be different? i could take a pic of the drop outs if it helps.
KGB? The ones on this bike are what I would more accurately call free angle dropouts. The QR sits inside a cylinder's end, with the lower half cut off. Sound like what you've got? Thanks!

Elephant, Thanks for the tip :cool:

·
artistic...
7,636 Posts
sgltrak said:
Is this the type you are looking for?

Not Ibis, and not clean, but maybe it will help:
the ibis is similar.the derr. hanger drops slightly longer while the lip "dies" along it's shape.

·
16,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sgltrak said:
Is this the type you are looking for?

Not Ibis, and not clean, but maybe it will help:
That's the style, yes! I X posted to the Ibis forum, but I think that will be a very useful pic, if nothing else comes up. Thanks!!

·
Holy Chromoly!!
542 Posts
I can supply you with drawings of these dropouts. Print those out 1:1 and you'll have a perfect guide to help you out.

Drop me an email: jeroen AT dirty-pages.net

·
16,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey there, thanks for the input everyone.I just got what I needed. Elephant suggested I post on the Ibis forum (oh yeah, good idea!) Scot Nicol responded, and nicely provided pics from an as yet unbuilt Ti Mojo, way cool. Nice to know some big wigs are willing to help out the great unwashed=:) Again, thanks for all the help!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.