Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough to come across a 1996 Szazbo a while back. The first thing I wanted to do was to get rid of the Rock Shocx XL and get a set that I could lock out. I ended up with set of Fox Float RLC 140mm. I thought 140 mm was what was n the bike, it turns out they were only 100mm. It has set my up quite a bit in the front. I have rode it around the house and it seems to be Ok. I have been doing some research and I am finding that it will change how my bike handles on the trail. I am wandering if anyone else has ventured into this with their Szazbo and what they thought about it. I really like the fork and it looks great. I am thinking I may have to find one that is either 100mm or even go with a 80mm. Thanks for any help in advance.

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
Call Fox or a good bike shop and ask about lowering the travel of your fork closer to designed height. I've never done it but I think the 140/32 RLC can be lowered internally by swapping some spacers.

There's probably some info on travel changes in the tech manuals if you look around foxracingshox.com

Its not safe to ride with a fork much taller than designed because there is increased leverage on the frame that could risk sudden failure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I rode it around a little today. There is a pretty good hill not far from my house. The bike feels realy good. The front end didn't try come up on me at all. From some of the reading I have done, I have found out it may affect the handling of the bike going down hill or in a curve. ( washout) Where I can tell the difference is in the stand over height. It is actually a little tall for me anyway, but it is even taller with these forks on it. I will ride more after it warms a little. I need to take it out on the trail. I was just looking for some else that has allready been through this before. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.