Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
DWlink Fanboy
201 Posts
here's the link

http://www.dw-link.com/home.html

...warning: obnoxious comment...

You could have just typed "DW link" into Google, and obtained the above link.

Extra credit: try that for the other topics mentioned above.

....thanks for enduring this obnoxious comment...

One more comment: you're asking about forks. First of all, the Canonndale Lefty system requires a 1.5" diameter head tube. Since I'm being generous with my Google search talents, there is an adapter you would need to purchase to adapt it to a Mojo:
http://www.comcycle-usa.com/ProductInfo.aspx?id=1688830

There are a tremendous variety of forks folks on this forum have on their bikes, including many different models from DT Swiss, Fox, Magura, Manitou, Marzocchi, Maverick and Rock Shox. Do a search here and you can read lots of pretty interesting comments, reviews, and comparisons between all these different types of forks. Very few (any?) people are using Cannondale's lefty system. Not to read too much into this, but I suspect the collective wisdom of those who bother to spend time here indicates that the Lefty is simply not compelling enough wrt appearance, performance, or weight enough to install on a Mojo compared to the offerings from the vendors above. If cost is an object, you'll also find that the Lefty (or any aftermarket fork for that matter) is significantly more expensive than going with one of the forks offered with Ibis' complete bike builds.

Good luck with your bike purchasing decision. Those hills above Hong Kong look like they have some really nice riding - it would be cool to see some pictures of your Ibis on the trail once you decide on the Mojo over the Cannondale offering. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Lefty, Rush vs Mojo

fishboy2807 said:
Ibis will ship Intl.

I see someone's posted my original "Mojodale" posting. I no longer have the Lefty Max on the Mojo. I changed to a Fox 32 Vanilla RLC. I just kept seeing broken Leftys on www.youtube - a bit scary. The Lefty Max Carbon will fit up to a Large Mojo. A Lefty Max alloy will fit any size Mojo. You need different adapters for each (available on ebay).

I have a Cannondale Rush Carbon as well as my Mojo, with a Fox 32 F120 RLC. I like both bikes, but they are very different. They are both flexy at the rear (but not too much), and a Lopes Link is about 1/2 way across the Atlantic right now, so hopefully the flex in the Mojo will be fixed. The Mojo doesn't really come alive until you're going quite fast, whereas the Rush is more of an all rounder. I've got my Rush built up superlight, so you have to pick your line more than the Mojo, which you can just let go down anything.

If I had to pick one of the 2, I'd go with the Rush, but a heavier build. Thankfully I don't need to choose. They are very different bikes.

LJJ

·
Registered
45 Posts
hahayan said:
hi..

I am from Hong Kong, and wondering which shop may be able to ship international ?

Also any Mojo with lefty around ?

thx
Hi. We're the Ibis distributor in the Philippines. Ibis has a dealer in Hong Kong...

If you need a lefty fork, we can ship to you if you like..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
goyoyl said:
Hi. We're the Ibis distributor in the Philippines. Ibis has a dealer in Hong Kong...

If you need a lefty fork, we can ship to you if you like..
Do u carry complete bike , sicne HK Dealer do not carry it.., if yes u may PM me for soem price..or i can ask my friend at philipine to buy it

·
Registered
124 Posts
I take issue with a couple things here. First, are the broken Lefties on youtube the carbon version? It seems the non-carbon version would be a better choice.

Second: "Not to read too much into this, but I suspect the collective wisdom of those who bother to spend time here indicates that the Lefty is simply not compelling enough wrt appearance, performance, or weight enough to install on a Mojo compared to the offerings from the vendors above."
There is a compelling reason to get a Lefty. The scarcity of it has to do with:
1. The required 1.5" headtube (or adapter)
2. Cannondale does not try at all to sell it to other companies
3. People judge it only by its looksand can't get over the mental block

I believe the high cost of Lefties on ebay has to do with scarcity. If more were out there, it would not cost as much.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
And Performance wise?

Most of the guys I ride with have lefties.... OK ALL OF THEM..... I have often taken their Prophets for a spin on some small jumps and Rooty single-track , I won’t lie.. I love the look of a left and think of would look amazing on my mojo ...but I don’t think they perform as well as my Revelation...
if I could get them as plush as my rev i would make the swap.....

·
Has a cycling disorder
536 Posts
Right with you Duncan
I rate Lefty forks and reckon they are a brilliantly stiff and true tracking fork, rode them for years with no issues whatsoever (except some shops didn't service them very well).
I'd love to lefty my Mojo one day, but cost for the whole changeover is a limiting factor.
wicked looking too.

·
Registered
849 Posts
DH_WP said:
And Performance wise?

Most of the guys I ride with have lefties.... OK ALL OF THEM..... I have often taken their Prophets for a spin on some small jumps and Rooty single-track , I won't lie.. I love the look of a left and think of would look amazing on my mojo ...but I don't think they perform as well as my Revelation...
if I could get them as plush as my rev i would make the swap.....
Ive always felt the same, the actual fork travels rough IMO, never have I felt a lefty and thought "what a plush fork" - I wouldnt go lefty personally

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.