Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My self and 2 buddies were getting ready to order 3 xx1 bikes and Ibis no longer offers that package. Not sure why they would take that option away, custom building our bikes is not something we were looking to do as we have been happy with our previous Ripley and Ripmo xx1 builds.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Owning bikes with both, it's my opinion that unless you're just talking about your xx1 group, the xo1 is every bit as good.

When riding the two, I could never pass the blindfold test between the two.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The XX1 is a bad buy these days. X01 is only 32g lighter but I agree it is a bad idea not to sell it if people want it.

This is coming from someone with a Pivot that is full XX1 blinded out everything.... currently waiting for my ripmo to arrive.

·
Registered
467 Posts
The frame and fork are available from Ibis. I do a lot of full custom builds in my store. I find that the stock GX build from Ibis is a great value, but when looking at X01 or XX1 I can get close to the same price point. However we have the ability to pick out every part on the bike.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am building my HD4 up. Probably done in 2 weeks or so. started with new frame with X2 and have bought everything over last few months a pay check at a time and a deal or special at a time. My research led me to find that the best deal for XX1 groupset or partial groupset is at Colorado cyclist. It is about $100 less than many other online retailers. I went with partial groupset XX1 as I have new brakes and cranks already.

https://www.coloradocyclist.com/sram-xx1-groupset

And my complete build will have better components for a few hundred $ less than the ibis XX1 build was

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.