Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going CRAZY, just when I had decided on the SL-R, I checked out the Niner Jet9 RDO and really liked it HOWEVER, I could only demo it on easy fire road... I can get a really good deal on it as well AND get it quick, unlike a small SL-R... My biggest concern is the 120mm travel vs the 140mm on the oh so awesome ibis... Everyone says it's basically the same because of the wheel size... Until I hit some technical I don't get that.

Riding style - I love to ride technical singletrack, Tahoe / Santa cruz, don't race, enjoy epic rides, love to go fast downhill and love to climb equally

I'm so confused... Help me please

Anyone try both of these bikes?

Kj

·
Registered
267 Posts
These are two very different bikes. The RDO is an XC race bike and only has 100mm of rear wheel travel, while the Mojo SL-R has 140mm of travel is a probably better categorized as a trail bike or... if you built it right...an all-mountain bike. Again, there's lots of overlap because both bikes are so capable... so ask yourself how do you ride and where do you ride and make the decision based on that. Lots of fireroads and you like being speedy? Go RDO. You like jumping and bombing downhills, maybe SL-R is for you.

Niner Bikes | The Big Revolution

·
Registered
181 Posts
Slr vs rdo

I ordered both bikes when they were first announced.I received my RDO 10 days ago and could now care less if the mojo ever gets here.The rdo is my 1st 29er and I cant believe how well I like it.It carves in corners and tight off camber switchbacks and flys down steep downhills it is just great.I have owned 15 bikes over the years including a 23lb mojo sl last year and none of them work as well for me as this new bike. I'm 55 and ride 3 times a week for the last 17 years. JUST MY OPINION.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered both bikes when they were first announced.I received my RDO 10 days ago and could now care less if the mojo ever gets here.The rdo is my 1st 29er and I cant believe how well I like it.It carves in corners and tight off camber switchbacks and flys down steep downhills it is just great.I have owned 15 bikes over the years including a 23lb mojo sl last year and none of them work as well for me as this new bike. I'm 55 and ride 3 times a week for the last 17 years. JUST MY OPINION.
That is a solid bunch of info!!!! Thank you
I'm going to try and get a better demo day on the RDO before making my decision. Curious, how tall are you, and/or what size frame do u have
Kj

·
Registered
6,921 Posts
Both of my friends that have bought 29ers have sold them and are back on 26's. It depends on your riding style, but their complaints were the loss of agility going downhill. One was on an RDO and is now on an HD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.