Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I know its another thread about how good Ibis CS is but I wanted to tell you my experience.

I made a trip up to Wales before Christmas, when riding to the trail the bike felt and looked very strange, like there was loads and loads of play in the rear triangle, I stopped immediately and had a look, I could see the bottom bearing pivot moving (for and aft) and assumed a bearing had gone, it must have happened at the end of my last ride when I was really tired and just didn't notice it. When the LBS took it apart to change the bearing it was clear the bottom pivot had worked lose!

I sent a mail direct to the shop I brought the bike from and Ibis main e-mail plus I mailed Hans through MTBR. The shop replied within 20 min with a mail also cc'd to Ibis, Hans replied within 30 min, Aaron replied within 30 min and Scott replied within 45 min!!!!!!!

The long and the short of it, within an 2 hours of my first e-mail a new front triangle had been shipped from the US to the UK as a warranty replacement!!

The new frame arrived today and as a sorry they even included a Lopes Link:thumbsup:

So, once again Ibis have shown what a great company they are and have another extremely happy customer, many thanks to all those at Ibis for their help..

·
Founder: Dirty3hirties
2,031 Posts
You know.....you're right. This is just "another" CS thread....and we all know how good Ibis's CS is. Here's something that I just thought of.....

You pointed out how fast Ibis responded to your e-mail. I know it's slow this time of year but probably the reason why Ibis responds so quickly to warranty issues is because they have SO FEW!!!! They're not "queued" up with hundreds of warranty claims so when yours popped up, it was easily handled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.