Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Really I am that slow
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mtnbiker72 said:
I could understand if they were the first to use the DW-Link on 29ers...but really, what research do you really need to do now that the DW-Link is firmly established by not one but two quality brands.

I have visions of the elusive Chris King BB in my head!!!
ride a Turner 5 spot and a mojo sl two very different bikes using a dw link

·
Really I am that slow
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mtnbiker72 said:
I could understand if they were the first to use the DW-Link on 29ers...but really, what research do you really need to do now that the DW-Link is firmly established by not one but two quality brands.

Also the pivot 429 and Sultan are heavy! and not carbon fiber

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
SlowerThenSnot said:
ride a Turner 5 spot and a mojo sl two very different bikes using a dw link
Wasn't implying that, but I was implying that it didn't take Turner or Pivot 2.5 years of research to come out with a quality DW-Link 29er.

As far as it being lightweight CF...yippie skippy:rolleyes: I would have rather seen Ibis return with a steel Mojo and Hakkalugi with Moron tubing.

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,359 Posts
Hmmm, this pertains to my interests. I have always thought the Ibis FS bikes very aesthetically pleasing.

One concern:

# It's going to be carbon fiber and dual suspension.
# It will be very lightweight.
It just sounds like a recipe for disaster. I have no problem with carbon, but I like heavy carbon:D

This sounds like the bike the Turner hoards have been begging for.

·
Really I am that slow
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Enel said:
Hmmm, this pertains to my interests. I have always thought the Ibis FS bikes very aesthetically pleasing.

One concern:

It just sounds like a recipe for disaster. I have no problem with carbon, but I like heavy carbon:D

This sounds like the bike the Turner hoards have been begging for.
ive seen out Ibis mojo sl demos at the shop take some crazy hits.... used to be very leery of carbon... but ibis does carbon very well

·
mnt bike laws of physics
2,762 Posts
Seeing as Ibis is fond of small TTed bikes, you will surely be pleased with what come up with. The taller folks will be left with 2009-2010 XXL Sultans if they want to ride a DW.

Yea, three years is a lot of time to put into a design. I am looking forward to seeing what they have done with all of that energy.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Message to Ibis... Put water bottle cage bosses inside the frame! The Mojo might be the best riding bike out there. i wouldn't know as i have no interest in buying a bike without an internal bottle cage mount. Reasoning is simple. I really dislike riding with a Camelbak. On long rides, it's nice to have something in a bottle that's different than what's in the Camelbak. And most importantly, I live in CO. My post would be a lot longer if i list all the diseases that come from ingesting poo.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
packfill said:
Message to Ibis... Put water bottle cage bosses inside the frame! The Mojo might be the best riding bike out there. i wouldn't know as i have no interest in buying a bike without an internal bottle cage mount. Reasoning is simple. I really dislike riding with a Camelbak. On long rides, it's nice to have something in a bottle that's different than what's in the Camelbak. And most importantly, I live in CO. My post would be a lot longer if i list all the diseases that come from ingesting poo.
I'm with you on this one, and there better be room for a big water bottle.

Sadly, I think we are in the minority. Packs have become a bit of a fashion statement, and the majority of bikes I see on the trail (not including races) are not even fitted with a bottle cage.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Let me start by saying that I think that a 29er Mojo like bike would be sweet. That said I find this announcement from Ibis a little funny since just last weekend I was talking to (more like being talked at by) one of Ibis's development riders who swore that there was no way Ibis would produce a 29er anything. Upon further conversation he reveled that this just his position because he dosn't like 29ers although he admitted that the terrain we were at at the time was ideal for 29ers. Anyway I'm now looking forward to seeing a FS 29er from Ibis but like someone else already said I also love to see a Tranny 29er.

·
Village Dirtbag
2,284 Posts
Very nice of them to say it won't be ready this season. I'm glad I pulled the trigger on my Tallboy. If this bike is a 120mm + travel though I may have to upgrade next year.

The reason it takes so long is because there are only two people working on it, and Ibis also seems to be very cautious with their designs- they don't treat the customer as a beta-tester.

Based on how robust carbon Ibis and Santa Cruz bikes have been, I'm surprised so many here are still leery of a carbon FS 29er.

·
Plays with tools
4,650 Posts
mtnbiker72 said:

This is the 90's anymore, where people were wiling to deal with less than great suspension. Everybody has stepped up there game so much in the last ten years that for the guys at Ibis to bring out something that is less than great would be a disaster.

You obviously have no comprehension of suspension design, and how the smallest variables can make sizable differences.

The King BB was a joke though "well we are waiting for the market to settle down before we bring something to market" is what I heard as to where the BB was. Well if Chris would have made a square taper BB shortly after his original headset he would have sold it well for 15 years before ISIS came around. It also blows my mind that when they finally did bring it to market that it was currently being flooded with 'standards'. I can't fault what they finally brought to market though, it's an awesome part

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.