Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,773 Posts
yeah... they're pretty well constructed frames... I rode that Ibex Asta for DJ/FR and DH. It held up pretty good and didnt feel like a 4" bike at all. The frame was solid. Though the 07 models have been lightened and is now more XC oriented. The one i rode was an 06 frame built up with parts laying in the garage and hell still handled pretty well. And the components are just the best bang for buck around compared to most other manufacturers if you buy the bike as a whole. I was so impressed with Ibex, i went and ordered myself an Ibex Zone FR-1

Here's some pics of the Ibex Asta doing some DJ... note that it's an XC frame... :)

· BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,773 Posts
thats not me and not my bike... Thats my buddies bike though i've ridden it on numerous occassions... Thats the 06 Asta. It was really beefed up. The design has been revised to fit it's intended use better now. They've removed the gusset on the front near the steerer and lightened the rear end. It's now a lightweight XC/AM bike for 07 rather then AM/XC as it was before for 06. But they've brought out the Ibex Atlas to fill in what the Astas were doing for 06... Anyways, here's a pic of me on that same bike

I dont have an Asta and the bike i ordered was an Ibex Zone... Fedex should be here Thursday... Thats toddfreeride's Ibex Zone...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.