Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 455 Posts

·
Just ride
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered the bike Sunday night, and it arrived today!
Bike went together relatively easily, and i'm still fine tuning things. I haven't gotten to take her out on the trails yet, just up and around the street.
Suspension seems stiff, but I suppose it needs some breaking in

New wheels should follow shortly :D
and more pics probably too :thumbsup:

·
Just ride
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is nice to have a "clan" if you will...

No other manufacturer forum do they have such a small "close knit" group as the Ibex forums...and i'm excited to be apart of it now.
You guys are so far some of the most friendly, welcoming, encouraging, helpful, posters!!

/sappy post

·
Just ride
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the green, it has grown on me thats for sure!

and, so far, it pedals like a hardtail...but, the rear shock hardly moves...I checked the pressure and its right...i'm assuming it just needs a little break-in time. More than five minutes up and down the street.

I'm eyeing THESEwheels

·
Just ride
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The rear shock is set at just above the minimum air pressure, yet I get about 1 mm of sag....

·
The White Jeff W
5,715 Posts
skim1040 said:

No other manufacturer forum do they have such a small "close knit" group as the Ibex forums...and i'm excited to be apart of it now.
You guys are so far some of the most friendly, welcoming, encouraging, helpful, posters!!

/sappy post
I dig that too. It's like a cult, lol. I've always been one to swim against the current so Ibex fits me like a glove. ;)

·
Black Sheep rising
919 Posts
skim1040 said:

/sappy post
Hey! Pi$$ off, noob!

Did that help you to feel more "normal"? :lol:

Nice bike! Enjoy! :thumbsup:

·
I win.
713 Posts
Inaugural Asta Trail Ride. Not so much for my trophy :)

So here are some pics from a ride skim and I took today. About 20 miles of our usual trails. Good times!

I also got a chance to hop on his new asta. Real nice bike. Very impressed. Rear shock is still pretty hard, we played with the pro pedal lever and it got even harder than it was before, so we're both just assuming it needs a little more break in. I love that reba race though. Super plush! And while I'm a big sram fan the Xt shifted real nice. So smooth.

As for the pics:
1-2 : Before ride bike shots.
3 : Beauty Shot
4-6 : I don't need no stinkin rear suspension!
7: Skim finally decided he'd take his pretty new bike over the jump.
8-9 : A few trail side adjustments
10 : All done! Great ride!

Attachments

·
I win.
713 Posts
Ah what the hell here's some more.:devil:

I think skim got some on his camera too. He'll probably upload those soon enough. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
I win.
713 Posts
Yeah you can see from some of those pics that the rear shock only compressed about 45% while the front shock had pretty much used all of its travel. I figure he should let some air out till the shock softens up and then put it back in as needed.

·
I win.
713 Posts
Haha yeah been there done that :)

In florida we get our daily evening thunder storm that hits right around 6 so it kills any chance of getting a good evening ride in. The skies were nice and clear for us today!

And seeing as you're from michigan and I'm a big buckeyes fan. I hate you too! :devil:

1 - 20 of 455 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.