Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
There's no app for this.
5,369 Posts
I think

rob68 said:
WOW-those Ibex Apogee full-suspension bikes look like really good deals!-any thoughts?
...you should search under Ibex, as this comment is very common. If you know your fit and are confident you can get parts (like a new derailleur hanger), it might be for you. Your LBS may refuse to work on it, but then they may not.

Jim

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
JimC. said:
...you should search under Ibex, as this comment is very common. If you know your fit and are confident you can get parts (like a new derailleur hanger), it might be for you. Your LBS may refuse to work on it, but then they may not.

-I could care less what the local bike shop thinks. I do all my own bike work & have the knowledge & tools to do so. I do everything mail-order because I'm sick of getting ripped-off by bike shops!!! I also get sick of their attitudes all the time. I built my Access hard-tail entirely from mail-order parts, I got a good bike & saved tons of money. I can't tell you the last time I even went into a bike shop.
-I don't mean to sound like an A-hole, even though I'm sure I probably do. I just want to get the best parts at the best prices & put em on myself.

·
Registered
981 Posts
JimC. said:
...Your LBS may refuse to work on it, but then they may not.
Personally, I have not encountered any bike shop that ever refused anyone service because of their "mail order" bike brands. Heck, they even work on the local homeless people's bikes for nothing.

It would seem to be a matter of bad economics if bike shops turned away customers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.