Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm loving my new SB95c and thinking, as this is my first "boutique" bike, that I'd like an equally blinged out set of wheels to go with it. I've somewhat narrowed it down to a few choices and would welcome any opinions.

I am currently considering i9 Torch hubs with one of the following rims:

-Torch alloy, Arch or Flow
-Derby
-Nox AM29 (when released - the XC has gotten good reviews, though I want something wider)

I'm thinking the front runner as of now will likely be the Nox - on Torch hubs, assuming they are priced similarly to the XC version, will be only a bit more expensive than stock Torch wheels or Torch hubs on Stan's rims.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
I have the NOX wheels on both my current bikes. The 27.5 AM's with I9 Torch hubs on my Mach 6 and the XC version with Swiss DT 240's on my Tallboy. So far so good, no issues at all which is more than I can say about the ENVE's that came on the Tallboy. The NOX wheels were also $1000 cheaper tun the ENVE's so that's a bonus as well.

I don't have the Derby's, have never seen the Derby's in person but from all I've read, everybody that has them seems to like them. The same can be said for the LB wide rims direct from China. I have friends that have them and have been happy. A cool feature with them is you can choose the look of the carbon layout you want and even pick/design your own graphics to go on the rim. One friend of mine built up the XC version for about $1200 with CK hubs but he did the build himself. No idea what that actually saved him.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts