Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting a i9 wheel set for my ss 29 Raleigh talus. Does any one here have any experience with there ss hubs. I've heard great things about there other stuff. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have the torch as well,very nice. Why SS specific? I9s are easily adaptable to any final drive. If you buy another bike swapping i9s to another bike geared or SS is simple.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found a set already built The guy had them built for his ss. I just built up a ss and have been looking at wheel options then I found these.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I have a purple I9 single speed hub laced to an arch ex hub. Only downside is I now hate all my other wheels. Lol. Do it. The engagement is amazing. They roll super fast too.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Do it. The engagement is amazing. They roll super fast too.
+1. Awesome set of hubs. I lust after them myself LOL. The drag when coasting is much lower than Kings.

They have a SS version of the Classic style hubs too, so you can get them laced up to whatever rim you want, using regular j-bend spokes. Sent this set out to a customer a few weeks ago. I really, really, really wanted to keep them for myself haha.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I love my torch ss. Ditto to everything said so far. Having the flexibility to change end caps for different dropouts is nice, too.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had to check on that before I decided to get them. The front one is set up as a quick release and I need a though axle front. My main reason for wanting them is so the bike will roll faster. My current wheel set came off of a giant xtc. They r nice but not i9 nice. I almost had a a set built with dt350 for it just like I have on my stumpy. But I can get these cheaper then I can have a set built. And they are the newer torch series.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright I've got the wheel
Set now. And man are they sexy. I know I an get the through axle caps through i9 that I need. New question is do I need to switch the rear to a quick release or can I use the ss axle that's on it.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Here's a little eye candy for the classic J-bend bladed spokes with my own custom orange coating on carbon rims. I did manage to blowup on bearing in the rear hub only three days before a road trip for a 12hr race. I9 red label next day'd a complete axle and rebuild kit free of charge so I could still make my race. So other then that incident which by the way I didn't even feel it on the trail, these hubs are just bad ass.
39C37D83-B321-432D-80C5-13288CB373D7_zpsejdfv1q5.jpg 0F02CCBC-6416-49BA-A10C-ACEEBBEFE37F_zpsmfgc9brb.jpg 6A446F49-F555-435F-ABF6-6B21B44A1AE6_zpsielqpxmz.jpg BED27C56-5020-42A7-A8C6-8C366EC91627_zpskse6armg.jpg

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Whoa! Where did you get the orange hubs?!?!?!??!

I have orange formulas (that I hate) on my one build and I thought CK was the only higher end company with orange hubs!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Whoa! Where did you get the orange hubs?!?!?!??!

I have orange formulas (that I hate) on my one build and I thought CK was the only higher end company with orange hubs!
Yeah the trail onlookers always lust after the orange spokes because they are just out there grabbing attention but the orange I9 hubs are just works of art to admired if I ever stop long enough :p

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Finally got the wheels on the bike with tires. Went with spec captains tubeless of course. And all I can say is holy ****!!!! These ****ing wheels rock!!!!!!! This bike
Is so fast down hill now
And it rolls forever. Engagement is amazing and power transfer is
Superb. Makes standing and grinding those long climbs on the single
Speed just easier.I'm so gla

1 - 20 of 23 Posts