Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Newbee to the concept of SS hubs... Just wondering why you would need/want to run more than one cog on a SS hub, If the chainring is in place, then surely only one rear cog would be correctly lined up with it. Therefore, how and why do you need more?? Sorry if seems like stupid question ;)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Does anyone know how many cogs you can fit on an Industry Nine SS hub? I've know you can fit 6 on the hope hubs...

Thanks guys
Reviving this thread: that's the same question I'd like to have an answer now, nearly 5 years later.
How much 9-speed cogs and how much 10-speed cogs on an I9 SS hub, with no machining?
I guess 5 (9speed) and 6 (10speed), can someone confirm?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Got the wheel yesterday, so:
I can fit 5 cogs of a 9spd XT cassette with no machining. Maybe a 6th would fit with a fine machining, but I'm not sure of it, not much room in the back between largest cog and flange/spokes.

I tried with a 10spd road cassette (I haven't a MTB one at now) and 6 cog did fit, but the smallest had to be a first position cog, otherwise no room for 6.

Now I'm investigating the best way to build a 10spd 6 cogs cassette, 16-18-21-24-28-32 using as much spidered cogs as possible. Any suggestions welcome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.