Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cant decide here folks....putting some I9 wheels on my new iron glimmer grey 5 spot. The spot has a mango CK headset, so i was thinking orange hubs and silver or pewter spokes. This is a toughy. I like the idea of orange and pewter but think itll be too "matchy" with the bike...what do yall think?

·
Surfin' da mountain
809 Posts
Colors are as personal as choozing a seat. And there has been no better time than the present for choice of available colors. Make it thrilling and post the pics!

I'm still on my white kick. Last bike was the boring polish and black. Back in the 80's when I was BMX Racing I had a blue and yellow GT-BMX.

·
I'm more of a dog person
864 Posts
Cucucachu said:
Colors are as personal as choozing a seat. And there has been no better time than the present for choice of available colors. Make it thrilling and post the pics!

I'm still on my white kick. Last bike was the boring polish and black. Back in the 80's when I was BMX Racing I had a blue and yellow GT-BMX.
like this one?? :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
I'm more of a dog person
864 Posts
adrenalnjunky said:
love the vintage!

I soooo wanted a pro performer when I was a kid.
i had one (the one in the pic was not mine) and i didn't know what i had until i sold it for a Haro Master. the GT was a much better performer (no pun intended) and i so regreted the sale afterwards. :madman:

·
Surfin' da mountain
809 Posts
Wow! So cool!

Actually mine was the negative of that - Blue frame, yellow tuff wheels (later gold Arayas w/ blue Shimano hubs) blue stem and chrome bars. Gonna see if I can find some pics.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I think matching the hubs to the headset is fine if alot of the other stuff on the bike is black ,blackspokes are my fav,when i did mine i was gonna have an accent spoke,like mavic wheels, one spoke of a bright color, over by the valve maybe,didn't do it the wheels were pricy enough. I think i9 should have more spoke colors in stock so everything doesn't have to be SO much extra $.

·
bike weenie
589 Posts
I think you may be right... too matchy. What about pewter hubs with silver spokes. Maybe toss in one orange spoke per wheel.

·
Third Degree Hater-Fu
563 Posts
Living in Asheville gives me both the pleasure and the curse of seeing every combination they can possibly do to a bike.

Here are some things to contemplate. The color combos may not be your cup of tea, but might help stir your creative juices.

Rasta: Green hubs, red/gold/green spokes/black rims
Black hub w/ silver, gold or polished spokes.
Pewter hubs/black spokes
Green spokes/white rims/black hubs (green lantern)
Polished hubs/electric blue spokes
Pink hubs/black spokes
Gold hubs/green spokes
Purple hubs/polished spokes
blue hub/blue spoke/red rim
pewter hub/pewter spoke/polished rim
Red hub/polished spoke/red rim
Red rim/polished spoke/ white rim
Blue hub/blue spoke/ white rim
Black hub/pewter spoke/black rim
polished hub/polished spokes/polished rim
Black hub/black spoke/ ONE green spoke/black rim

Oh..and nobody I've seen runs all brown, but they have it and it's a sick color.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts