Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..XSL_WiLL as the most helpful (or geekiest..) guy on the forum. I can only imagine the amount of smoke coming off his fingertips after a run like this:

Nice work!

- Greg

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Yeah, but all those posts where him prepping the OP for dogonfr.

I'll back you up if you change it to "least time ON a bike".

(puts down spoon, let's pot simmer)

:p :D

No, Will, they won't send you free brake's for it.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
I already got my free brakes, and laser cut aluminum rotors, and prototype stem, etc, etc, etc.

I haven't had a chance to dirtjump much these last 2 weeks, since I've been working 45 hours a week at the shop. But I am getting a pretty good commute, about 20 miles a day. I've got Friday off, so I'm hitting up Challenge Park with some buddies. First real ride there on the hardtail.

"Brakes" shouldn't have an apostrophe. Neither should "lets." They aren't possesive. (Tying back into the geeky thing).

Anyways, I assure you that I spend PLENTY of time on a bike.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
XSL_WiLL said:
"Brakes" shouldn't have an apostrophe. Neither should "lets." They aren't possesive. (Tying back into the geeky thing).

Anyways, I assure you that I spend PLENTY of time on a bike.
Ah crap! I did it again! :rolleyes: Hey, i'm old. (shrug)

Glad to hear you still get ride time. :thumbsup:

You have a P.M. coming. Put your thinking cap on.

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
..XSL_WiLL as the most helpful (or geekiest..) guy on the forum. I can only imagine the amount of smoke coming off his fingertips after a run like this:

Nice work!

- Greg
ahhh, that is nothing, I have seen Shiver me Timbers run the entire DH board before. He also has over 20,000 posts now I think.

His stuff is hardly ever useful though ;)

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
I second the nomination

Will does a nice job. Always informative and helpful. I don't think I've ever seen a derogatory post from him.

Bob

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
Call_me_Clyde said:
Will does a nice job. Always informative and helpful. I don't think I've ever seen a derogatory post from him.

Bob
The problem with Will is he speaks more about things he doesn't know than what he does know about. His "help" should be taken with a grain of salt and confirmation from other members.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
:nono::nono: Bad Chicken :nono::nono: he does a excelent job & answers alot of questions others wont. He is young & learning as we all do. If you correct him hes has the courtesy to reply back saying thank you for correction him, most people just dont repos because of embarasment. Support & help the kids grow dont knock them down. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Now when have I offered advice that could damage somebody's equipment?

You are just as your screen name suggests. You always say something, but you never back it up.

I've worked at 2 bikeshops, and the worst "damage" was that a bolt head sheered off on a rear mounted rack. I was able to extract the bolt. I've done dozens of fork rebuilds and modifications (sometimes not condoned by the manufacturer) and have not had a single complaint or fork returned to me. Though the manufacturer does not condone modifying a SSV or Hydracoil dampener to be less spikey, it does not harm the dampener in any way, and can be reversed. Dropping the travel on a fork? It's pretty similar to what Brad (Nemesis Cycles) does. The only difference is that Brad uses a longer negative spring. I'm not saying I know everything, but I know what I'm doing, and I'm not going to lead somebody on to try something when I've never done it myself.

Edit:
I figured it out, he's one of those Turner snobs. :D ;)

·
Pro Crastinator
11,943 Posts
XSL_WiLL said:
.....shouldn't have an apostrophe. Neither should "lets." They aren't possesive. (Tying back into the geeky thing)....
well geek, this one may not be possessive, but it's called a contraction between let and us (see similar scenario in the previously used word "it's"), therefor the apostrophe belongs.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.