Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINALLY WON!! Time trial race on a trail I've never ridden. I was in the middle of the pack to start (every 30 seconds a racer took off) which isn't a big deal. However, during the last 15 minutes it started to down pour. This really slows the trail down giving the advantage to the people who started earlier. Thanksfully the rain let up and didn't cause too much of an issue.

2nd place was one minute behind me, however third place was 5 minutes, which is a huge gap. We must have been really pushing to get such a big gap.

Having a great year. Out of 5 races, I hit the podium 3 times. Last year the best I did in ANY race is 5th. Training my booty off is really starting to pay dividends.

Thats all. Just excited. :)

·
mutaullyassuredsuffering
2,053 Posts
Congrats

Congrats,

Feels great doesn't it. I found the confidence boost from the first win led to others. Once you trully know you can do it, it gets easier. It's amazing how much of racing is really in your head. Now after the category bump I'm starting the whole thing over...I'm looking forward to that feeling again!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
used2Bhard said:
Congrats,

Feels great doesn't it. I found the confidence boost from the first win led to others. Once you trully know you can do it, it gets easier. It's amazing how much of racing is really in your head. Now after the category bump I'm starting the whole thing over...I'm looking forward to that feeling again!
in Expert, when I finally started being near the front in races, i always have to tell myself "why no me?" it is like your brain tells you, you can't win in Expert. so yeah, i agree it is MOSTLY mental once you have the fitness and skills. it is the desire that tends to create the winners.

once you get the first one, you know what kind of pain it takes and it is a HUGE confidence boost!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Super Cool!

Congrats! I know that feels good.

I finally got Top Podium spot a few weeks back at SERC race after some Bridesmaid appearances. I had a 25 year dry spell from Top platform. In all fairness to myself, 24 years of that 25, I wasn't racing bikes.

Definitely boosts the confidence and motivation doesn't it?

·
Registered
43 Posts
RideToLive said:
Congrats! I know that feels good.

I finally got Top Podium spot a few weeks back at SERC race after some Bridesmaid appearances. I had a 25 year dry spell from Top platform. In all fairness to myself, 24 years of that 25, I wasn't racing bikes.

Definitely boosts the confidence and motivation doesn't it?
Congrats! I'm hoping to get that same feeling very soon, maybe this next weekend at **** Mountain!

I've gotten 2nd in Sr X, which is basically the new first for that class considering the competition. However, Seth K. is gonna be off in Utah so maybe I can do it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.